Corporate Communications Content Coordinator
AtheneFull time Full day
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
This key position serves on and supports the Corporate Communications Team by creating content for both external and internal audiences, based on information gathering as well as collaboration with applicable individuals/departments.
This role is vital to the success of the Corporate Communications team. This individual contributor is organized, produces high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Write and edit content for corporate communications including, but not limited to, organizational messaging, internal messaging, talking points, and media-related requests.
- Collaborate with department/project teams to provide required communications support initiatives.
- Assist running communication-related projects.
- Develop annual editorial calendar outlining top-tier proactive media opportunities for Athene.
- Help create communications assets and develop content to deploy for company use.
- Participates in research and analysis of subject fields.
- Interface with marketing and other functions to develop story ideas, identify issues and trends and other newsworthy items on an ongoing basis as a means of developing content.
- Draft articles and press releases.
- Contribute to crisis communications strategy and execution as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of media contact lists, ensure access to information regarding distribution timing, word counts, etc.
- Maintain media monitoring platforms.
- Planning, writing, editing of internal and external communications.
- Additional duties as directed by the Corporate Communications Team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or English.
- 3+ years of communications experience.
- Experience measuring communications effectiveness and planning.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.