Institute for Community LivingFull time Full day
Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping/Food Service Supervisor and/or the relief Supervisor (Senior Housekeeping/Food Service Worker), Housekeeping/Food Service Workers performs a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium, and heavy physical effort in cleaning assigned building areas and assisting in the maintenance of a clean, attractive and sanitary environment in the residence. Housekeeping/Food Service Workers also perform activities in food preparation, portioning and serving food to consumers and cleaning dishes, dining areas and food preparation areas as directed.
- Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
- Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions.
- Using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside of buildings, etc.
- Changes curtains and drapes.
- Using manual and/or mechanical equipment, strips and vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets.
- Using hand-operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans all areas of lavatories, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
- Using hand-dusting equipment, dusts assigned areas.
- Using appropriate safety equipment such as rolling ladders and safety scaffolds, washes and/or dusts light fixtures and ceiling fans at high places such as ceilings.
- Using designated equipment, polishes wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
- May set up equipment in assigned areas, such as conference and meeting rooms.
- Strips the wax from furniture; cleans and polishes furniture.
Food Service Tasks
- Washes refrigerators and other equipment by hand or with pressure cleaning equipment using a variety of cleaning substances.
- Cleans loading dock areas, garbage cans, storage areas, food preparation areas and general kitchen area including floors, ceilings and walls using mops, scrub brushes and other equipment as necessary.
- Washes pots, pans and other utensils by hand and machine.
- Receives and stores deliveries in appropriate storage areas.
- Brings food and other supplies to preparation and serving areas as directed.
- Cleans fruits, vegetables and potatoes in preparation for cooking as directed.
- Cooks grill-type foods such as hamburgers, eggs, etc.
- Serves food in the proper portions to residents.
- Insures those residents on special diets receive proper food and portions.
- Makes toast, coffee, tea and salads as necessary.
- Records number of meals served.
- Cleans dining room and service areas including furniture, woodwork, windows, floors and steam tables.
- Other duties reasonably related to the job, as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent training and experience. Ability to read and write English. Must be able to pass NYS Health Department requirements for food handlers.