Entry-Level Engineer- Environmental Health and Safety
ON SemiconductorFull time Full day
ON Semiconductor in South Portland, Maine is growing and seeking a top-notch Environmental Health and Safety Engineer. The ideal candidate will possess a big-picture view of the Health and Safety needs of a fast paced semiconductor manufacturing environment.
Ideal Candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Champion workplace safety and provide safety leadership through communications, education and your actions.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of semiconductor processing equipment and facility systems to provide Safety support for new equipment installs and facility enhancements.
- Bee the technical expert on manufacturing ergonomic principles and will coordinate and/or perform site ergonomic evaluations as needed.
- Work hand-in-hand with Facilities and Emergency Response personnel to understand hazardous gas monitoring systems and develop progressive and sustainable hazardous gas monitoring strategies for the site.
- Evaluate building systems to applicable building and industry safety codes. This will include developing a knowledge of SEMI S2, OSHA General Industry and Construction Standards, NFPA, ANSI, ACGIH, etc.
- Serve as the ISO 14001 and 45001 program owner and technical expert in this critical health and safety management system.
- Perform regular risk assessments and job hazard analyses; broadcasts results and make recommendations.
- Work closely with OHR on all site Workers Compensation matters, including case follow up, data analysis, and accident trending.
- Coordinate and/or perform various industrial hygiene activities and have a firm understanding of the unique hazards present in a semiconductor manufacturing environment. Sampling strategies will be executed throughout the course of the year.
- Perform and participate in EHS auditing of factory spaces to support the EHS programs and objectives.
- Serve as a member of the onsite Emergency Response Team.
- Analyze data to identify trends and patterns in injury and accident data and provide detailed metrics to management.
- Owner of additional Safety/Health Programs to include:
- Respiratory Protection
- Equipment Sign-Off
- Hearing Conservation
- Laser Safety
- Radiation Control
- Electrical Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- Hazard Communication and GHS Implementation
- Strong ability to reconcile issues in the safest and most effective manner possible to support business needs, tool and personnel safety at all times.
- Be challenged to investigate and resolve a diverse set of workplace matters covering areas in Occupational Health and Safety Compliance.
- Serve as the technical expert for equipment and facilities installations, review process changes, and become the program owner for critical compliance programs. Professional development and continuous improvement are critical elements for success.
- Apply knowledge and experience to complex situations, and recommend solutions to complex issues.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in safety engineering, industrial engineering, or related field. Master's a plus.
- 0 - 2 years of experience as a safety professional. Knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and safety regulations strongly preferred.
- Experience in industrial safety, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordkeeping requirements and Workers Compensation program administration strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 45000 and ISO 14000 requirements strongly preferred
- Must be able to attain and maintain Hazmat Technician Certification
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of programs.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends and patterns
- Experience with EHS electronic incident management platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company's products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.