W.W. Grainger, Inc.Full time Full day
- Competitive base salary, annual bonus opportunity
- Immediate, industry leading benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, company paid life and short term disability
- Minimum 8% company contribution to retirement annually
- Work-life balance! 18 days PTO + 6 paid holidays, and a Monday – Friday operation!
Under general guidance, manages all domestic, import and export transportation activities within Imperial's Supply Chain network including: management of interface with Grainger Transportation operations, 3rd Party transportation contracts involving Imperial's Supply Chain functions, and support of import / export transportation price agreement negotiations. Maintain working knowledge of all transportation rating contracts negotiated by Imperial's Supply Chain team or Grainger Transportation team and offer expertise regarding customer related transportation requirements within the Imperial Distribution Network.
The Transportation Manager will:
- Manages up to $12M of transportation/freight expense related activities within Imperial's Distribution network including offering transportation expertise regarding freight to customer programs, ocean and Air freight negotiations with Imperial designated freight forwards and Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers' (NVOCC), North American cross-border transportation requirements, and related transportation data trend analysis involving Imperial's supply chain.
- Lead team of coordinators and transportation analysts to meet transportation reporting and analysis requirements. Personnel responsibilities including hiring, motivating, performance reviews, professional development, salary recommendations, and discipline/terminations.
- Develop and prioritize annual transportation budget spending based on inbound Cost of Goods (COG) growth projections, intra-company transfer planning needs, and outbound freight to customer demand (into and out of the regional centers within the Imperial DC Network).
- Manage and negotiate all 3PL and 4PL transportation management programs serving the Imperial Supply Chain network, including any import/export transportation broker or freight forwarder relationships.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools to enhance transportation process and controls. Meet the required budget Freight Ratios for each budget year. Measure, analyze and make recommendations, based on Imperial transportation metrics using historical and trend analysis.
- Develop and communicate operational procedures that ensure compliance of all transportation regulatory requirements, to include Hazardous Materials, and adhere to company freight term policies. Ensure requirements are understood and followed by Imperial team members and designated suppliers.
- Resolve complex or key customer transportation issues or challenges. Participate in and/or lead related interdepartmental projects and Transportation planning initiatives. Focus on Transportation system needs, IT programming requirements and setting project priorities for Transportation management of inventory flow throughout Imperial's Supply Chain Network.
- Act as the Imperial Transportation contact for movement of hazardous material products from suppliers to our DC network and onto our customer designated locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or equivalent leadership experience and 5 years of transportation, warehousing, and/or manufacturing operational practice with positive results involving multi-phased/cross-functional transportation projects.
- Ability to define, prioritize, and manage many projects. Understanding of tariff rating and carrier contract negotiation tactics. Strong leadership skills to train, motivate, and supervise associates. Strong analytical skills using Microsoft Excel.
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Supply, Supply Chain, Operations, Management
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.