Sr. Principal Investigator
L3HarrisFull time Full day
Job Title: Senior Principal Investigator
Location: Plano, TX
As a Senior Principal Investigator, you will be responsible for providing oversight and technical leadership to a multi-disciplined team in the development of innovative design solutions. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Assess complex missions, user needs, and operational objectives to identify capability gaps and drive the development of solutions.
- Work with customers and leadership in contribution to Business Development initiatives and strategy implementation.
- Responsible for developing and executing Capture Strategies and Technology Roadmap in collaboration with the Business Area Vice President.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of engineers in a fast-paced environment through all phases of the project lifecycle to include planning, execution, implementation, and delivery.
- Responsible for preparing project cost-estimates and managing projects to completion within budget and schedule constraints.
- Ability to constructively engage with all levels of management to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions.
- Participate in technical and cost proposal writing teams providing technical solutions, development plans, technical write-ups, cost and schedule estimates and the documentation of the basis of estimate.
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- BS degree in engineering discipline
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in weapon system requirements development, analysis, design, inteacgration, verification and test
- Experience in technical leadership of technology development programs
- Experience working in system architecture development
- Strategic Roadmap Planning with Business Case
- Generation of Concept of Operations and Operation Views of Weapon Systems
- Strong leader with customer focus – Weapon Systems Concept of Operations
- Strong Systems, Weapon Systems, or Weapons Systems Seeker background
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 20%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MS degree in disciplines such as Management Systems, Systems Engineering or Technical Engineering desired
- Top Secret clearance
- DOORS, Matlab, MS Project
- Familiarity with Weapon System components Control Actuation, Rocket Motors, Warheads & Guidance Electronics (antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor, etc)
- Weapon School Experience as Instructor or Flight Crew
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
MS degree in disciplines such as Management Systems, Systems Engineering or Technical Engineering desired
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.