Early Morning Cashier
Festival FoodsFull time Full day
Job Title: Cashier
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Guest Services Associates have an opportunity to treat every customer as a guest by creating meaningful and genuine interactions; you'll see our regular guests choosing their checkout lane based on their favorite cashier, not the line length!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Support and execute superior customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
The Cashier is an hourly position that is part-time (less than 28 hours per week). The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual's availability.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back".
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.