Senior Buyer Planner
SPX CorporationFull time Full day
The Position is responsible for the Requirement Planning , Sourcing, PO generation, and delivery schedule to ensure that all needed raw materials are available for continuous flow of production through Kanban and Cell Manufacturing process; close monitoring of raw materials inventory levels and movements to minimize excess and obsolescence while consistently maintaining company's target working capital and service requirements; coordinates with production, and warehouse sections concerning inventory needs and concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the execution of kanban system (communicate plan with internal and external customers, create kanban cards, assist with organizing layout and implementation)
- Audit and adjust kanban system as needed
- Coordinate kanban implementation with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Suppliers
- Apply continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems to increase efficiency, improve customer service and to reduce costs
- Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arrange for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiate prices and delivery terms for assigned responsibilities
- Coordinate the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for assigned products and services consistent with requirements or as requisitioned
- Visit suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources when required and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems
- Procures all products to necessary dock dates to ensure on-time production starts per the production schedule.
- Ensure materials are utilized to minimize excess and obsolescence exposure.
- Manage and maintain supplier programs, including the implementation of Kanban Replenishment, Consigned Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs in areas such as raw materials, tooling, etc.
- In support of facility inventory turn objectives, develops supplier consignment program to ensure necessary materials are on site (in aggregate including WIP and finished goods).
- Responsible for assisting and in development implementation/maintenance of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including Kanban/Pull systems with vendors and production.
- Participate in cross-functional teams chartered to perform Supply Chain, Procurement and Sourcing related continual improvement and/or problem solving.
- Formulate strategies to monitor, publish, and provide reports to management (schedules and worksheets) to calculate departments targets for:
- Inventory quantity levels, total cost, and exposure to obsolescence
- Establishing supplier quality and delivery performance indices.
- Measuring internal data integrity across various related departments
- Take corrective action to eliminate non-performing vendors.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all assigned suppliers.
- Establish, verify and maintain BOM structure (single or multi-level) profiles to insure planning accuracy.
- Prepares material availability analysis to support new or change order demand requirements.
- Manage, maintain and perform order administration for forecasted demand orders.
- Manage, maintain and perform order administration for all jobs based on Sales Order demand.
- Thoroughly understand ALL demands being driven in the planning process for a set of specific accounts.
- Accountable for data integrity (date management) for W/O status within Oracle planning environment.
- Review work order status and monitor availability of material to support job release date requirements.
- Analyzes the resource plan and ensure that all needed raw materials are available for the continuous flow of production. Input data and monitor the report via the Oracle system to facilitate timely purchase and delivery of orders.
- Provide and coordinate forecasts with suppliers for their material planning purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years' functional experience is required.
- Knowledge of ERP Computer applications required.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP.
- Familiar with Bills of Material structuring and component profiling.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills in data analysis and reporting.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing operations and associated processes.
- Knowledge of supply chain, procurement and sourcing concepts, Vendor Managed Inventory and Supplier Purchase Orders.
- Organized, systematic approach to date order management requirements and maintenance.
- Strong Computer Skills and Microsoft office software. Excel strength a must.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of Oracle Computer applications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile Product Life Management applications a plus
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and specifications a plus
- Ability to develop and recommend second sources to Engineering a plus
- CPIM or APICS courses a plus.
For more than 45 years, TCI has been a market leader in the development of innovative, high-performance communications, spectrum monitoring and signals intelligence systems. TCI's diverse experience delivers proven solutions for regulatory compliance, monitoring and security, and communications intelligence applications. With advanced spectrum mapping and analytics, data recording capabilities and precision geolocation technology, TCI systems provide vital data for government and military agencies in more than 100 countries worldwide.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.