Lead Azure Cloud Engineer -- REMOTE
Chabez TechContractor Full day
Job Title: Lead Azure Cloud Engineer / Platform Architect
Location: Plano, TX -- REMOTE
Duration: Long term
• Design, implement, configure, and maintain Azure SaaS/PaaS/IaaS Cloud Services for hosting wide range of complex projects.
• Analyze business decisions related to hosting and make recommendations/estimates accordingly
• Resolve issues and provide technical assistance on the Azure cloud-hosted environment
• Create and maintain Cloud security strategies, policies, procedures, and documentation
• Configure VMs and Web Applications
• Coordinate and deploy software application releases to UAT and Production
• Document issue resolutions and changes in cloud or system configurations
• Perform and evaluate cost analyses and vendor comparisons of software/hardware systems to ensure cost-effective and efficiency and measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations
• Needs to have a continual improvement mind set while working within a team centric environment.
• Apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assist in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices
• Perform root cause analysis of critical outage and incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation.
• Provide work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of Azure with overall 10+ years IT experience ,azure certification is preferred. (optional)
• Must have Unix and Windows background.
• Must have experience with all Azure cloud components including Azure Databricks, Presto, AKS (Kubernetes), App Services.
• Must have experience in developing infra architecture, audit and infosec documentation.
• Azure Automation, infrastructure deployment experience using terraforms/ Ansible etc .
• Good to have experience with Azure Synapse, PowerBI, CosmosDB, ADF and Trifacta.
• Proven ability to work with large cross functional teams with good communication skills.
• BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.