HES Professional (Security)
Marathon Petroleum CorporationFull time Full day
Location Name: Kenai, AK
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 54741 Tesoro Rd, Kenai, AK, United States (US), 99611
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC), a recognized leader in the energy industry, is accepting applications for a Security Professional position in its Kenai Refinery (KEN) Environmental, Safety & Security (ESS) team in the Kenai/Nikiski area. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) in addition to other federal, state, and local regulations, along with MPC Corporate Security standards. This position will drive improvement in security effectiveness, community partnerships, and industry activity. This role requires collaboration with other ESS professionals, refinery management and personnel, other MPC security groups, government officials, first responders and contractors.
- Span of control is the Kenai Refinery, Dock and Tank Farm Facility, Kenai LNG, and Terminals, which requires basic knowledge of DHS' Marine Transportation Security Act (MTSA).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including local law enforcement, emergency response personnel, and the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- Supervises one or more Security Coordinators.
- Coordinates the development and compliance of regulatory required facility security plans to comply with DHS and the Department of Transportation (DOT) standards.
- Coordinates site vetting to provide employee and contractor access control compliance in accordance with federal and state regulations, and MPC policies and procedures.
- Monitors the effectiveness of Kenai Refinery security systems and determines the need for maintenance and innovative upgrades.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and administers Kenai Refinery's security policies, plans and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day activity, scheduling, and coordination of the contract security guard force.
- Conducts security risk assessments as needed and mitigates vulnerabilities.
- Interacts with Kenai Refinery management on security sensitive issues and in formulating security strategies and initiatives.
- Interacts, develops and maintains close liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement and industry security and intelligence professionals to further MPC's security programs and business interests.
- Networks with security professionals at other MPC refineries.
- Implements security awareness training programs when needed.
- Conducts and coordinates security investigations.
- Prepares security contingency plans and provides resources to counteract the effects of security incidents, emergencies, and crises.
- Responds to Kenai Refinery emergencies and serves as the Facility Security Officer through the Incident Command Center and ensures appropriate security measures during events.
- Interacts with the other ESS supervisors, Corporate Security, and the Corporate Safety and Security department.
- Develops and manages Kenai Refinery's security capital and expense annual budgets.
- Develops and implements detailed turnaround security plans.
- Provides or coordinates personal protection for employees when requested.
- Manages Kenai's business continuity plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred - Criminal Justice, Criminology, Homeland Security or related degree.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Corporate Security, Industrial Security, and/or Law Enforcement - Federal, State or Municipal service. Military service also considered.
Preferred experience in supervision; leading teams in a security or law enforcement capacity.
- Able to speak in front of small to medium sized groups and provide instruction to personnel related to facility security measures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends, when planned activities or emergency situations arise. Extensive walking and climbing stairs/ladders as needed to conduct physical inspections.
- Basic knowledge of physical security measures such as, but not limited to, intrusion detection systems, video surveillance systems, fencing, access control systems, and other physical security measures.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected] Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.