RN – Medical/Surgical $10,000 Sign On Bonus* & Relocation Offered
Providence Health & ServicesFull time Full day
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Staff (Medical/Surgical, Variable Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are offering RNs who are not currently working for Providence or one of our affiliates a $10,000 sign on bonus to join our amazing nursing team! $5000 on your first paycheck and $5000 at 12 months. Repayment would be required based on a prorated amount if you do not complete the minimum retention requirement. In addition, we are also offering relocation for those who qualify per IRS guidelines.*
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Alaska state Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Certifications required within 90 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Certifications required within 180 days
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (STABLE)
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- At least 1 year of Acute Care (Hospital) nursing experience required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.