Gana-A'Yoo, LimitedFull time Full day
Job Title: Cook I
Entity: Kaiyuh Services, LLC
Location: Kodiak, Alaska
Work Hours: Part-time, scheduled based on site needs
Reports to: Project Manager
Job Summary: We are seeking Cook I. No experience necessary as we will train the right person who has a passion for making delicious food. Cook I prepares in large quantities, by various methods of cooking, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, seasons and cooks all cuts of various meats, fish and poultry, boils, steams or fries vegetables, makes gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, fricassees, casseroles, and stews.
Required Qualifications & Essential Functions:
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to take initiative in learning and retaining during on the job training
- Experience in Alaska Native Corporations preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety plans, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Computer Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be willing to be trained in other computer programs.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Knowledge in the operation of commercial mixers, fryers, and other commercial kitchen equipment a must.
- Prepare breakfast, lunches, dinners that are healthy and creative with attention to quality.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, includes "cleaning as you go" and may include washing your own dishes.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary personal appearance including good personal hygiene, grooming and hand washing habits.
- Ensure that all food items in pantry, coolers and freezers are organized by group, "faced" and rotated.
- Follow instructions of the Cook II
- Monitor, supervise, and assist the daily activities of the kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner with attention to detail and overall quality of end result.
- Assist in the unloading and unpacking of the weekly freight delivery.
- Build and maintain good public-relations with the clients, residents and co-workers.
- Following the menu provided, and if changes are necessary discussions need to be approved.
- Other duties assigned.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Kaiyuh Services, LLC.
Kaiyuh Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Gana-A'Yoo Shareholder hiring preference (PL-638). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, marital or family status, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.