Coastal VillagesFull time Full day
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Coastal Villages Region Fund (CVRF), a 501(c)(4) organization, is currently accepting applications for a Payroll Accountant to work at our corporate headquarters in downtown Anchorage, Alaska.
We are interested in a professional with a comprehensive body of knowledge in payroll accounting who can work through complex problems and make valid GL accounting recommendations. The Payroll Accountant is not a supervisory position; however, it requires management and leadership skills to work collaboratively in a team environment. This position will also serve as a back-up for the Payroll Manager which requires competency in processing and detailed review of payrolls.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Maintaining, analyzing, and reconciling the GL, including managing GL sub ledger accounts
- Generating adjustments as necessary and maintaining all records related to payroll accounts
- Assisting with month-end and year-end close
- Audit preparation
- Analysis and reporting to management
The following are the assets of an ideal candidate for this position:
- Highly motivated
- An analytical thinker
- 4-year degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related fields
- A team player focused on providing exceptional customer service
Payroll Accountant is a full-time, non-exempt position, pay DOE, with:
- Downtown Anchorage Location
- Paid Parking
- Very Competitive Benefits Package
Through the Community Development Quota (CDQ) Program, CVRF earns money in the Bering Sea fisheries and uses the earnings to:
- address social and economic challenges in CVRFs 20 CDQ communities
- invest in long-term benefit programs and community services rather than short-term cash subsidies
- continually grow all CDQ programs through collaboration and innovative partnerships
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY WITH CVRF?
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) options with 5% employer contribution
- Medical Coverages
- Employee Dental and Vision Premiums Covered by Employer
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverages
- Education & Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO Policy
Coastal Villages Region Fund has a zero tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy. As a condition of employment, selected applicants must have acceptable background and reference check results. Only completed applications submitted through the application portal will be reviewed.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.