Logistics Claims Operator
Woongjin, IncContractor Full day
We are looking for a talented Claim Operator for a client that is a conglomerate known all over the world. This is your chance to work with the big dogs if you haven't already.
WOONGJIN, Inc. is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
- First line of contact for the resolution of logistics claims and complaint; answer questions for customers, carriers, and brokers regarding claims issues
- Collect information on all incidents including damage to trucks/trailers, cargo damage and property damage
- Manage and handle the claim process for logistics related complaints, and process damage claims
- Analyze data to determine claim’s validity; evaluate independent reports, including video, written incident reports, valuation estimated, etc.
- Use data, statistical and trend analysis, and observation analysis to identify root cause of freight damage exceptions and recommend counter measures to address or mitigate damage occurrence and liability exposure
- Work within company guidelines to analyze contractual agreements of the customer, shipper, consignee or carrier and then assess the physical damage reports and the cargo claims findings
- Communicate results to the customer or carriers within the opening 72 hours. Discuss, provide, and recommend an action plan to the management team
- Notify involved parties of claim filings and/or rejected claims and work with the claimant to understand the value of damaged products and how the product should be handled
- Enter and track claims in TMS and WMS system
- Determine next steps and order inspections in order to support the claim with the customer or carrier in an effort for resolution
- Email updates on progress or conflicts regarding the accident to all internal parties involved
- Escalate and coordinate with External Claims Adjusters (e.g., insurance carriers) as needed
- Negotiate and determine timely settlements and claim resolutions, process payment requests and final case paperwork following discussion of valid claims with customers, carriers, and appropriate personnel
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for logistics processes and claims
- Monitor controls of paperwork and processes that impact claims such as timely communications of any exceptions and proper handling of PODs
- Other clerical and/or administrative work
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3+ years of claims processing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; people skills; ability to communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; balancing accountabilities; flexibility to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Proficient with in Microsoft Office products including Excel, and with web-based applications, claims database software and the ability to produce reports to support findings
Great attention to detail, organization, cross-group collaboration, and project management skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.