Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - PRN - Shreveport
Post Acute MedicalFull time Full day
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA)
PAM Specialty Hospital of Shreveport, LA
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA) will be primarily responsible for:
- Direct patient care
- Planning and implementing specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy in the system
- Being flexible to meet the needs of the system within many different facilities
- Assisting the occupational therapist in evaluation and assessment of clients of varying diagnoses and ages within the scope of the code of ethics and the law
- Initiating and performing screening process and collects information for the OTR/LOT's review, as delegated and as appropriate
- Collecting data or information for the evaluation as delegated by the OTR, as appropriate
- Executing appropriate treatment plans for patients, as recommended by the Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrating competency in performing a variety of treatment skills such as therapeutic exercise, modalities, ADL's, functional training, and procuring and instructing clients in equipment use per Occupational Therapist's recommendations
Identifying and implementing appropriate client/family education in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
Developing and maintaining high quality occupational therapy services in the clinic to clients' diagnoses and ages
Demonstrating competency in clinically supervising rehabilitation technicians in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrating competency in clinically supervising occupational therapy assistant students in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA) must:
- Be a graduate of an approved two-year program for Occupational Therapy Assistants as approved by the A.O.T.A., and eligible for licensure by the Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners for the state in which the facility resides
- Have successfully completed an Occupational Therapy Assistant curriculum approved by the A.O.T.A.
- Have a current CPR certification and maintain same
- One year of rehabilitation experience with adult and pediatric is preferred
Post Acute Medical, LLC (PAM, LLC) is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 42 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.