Weekend LPN (PC) - FT - 7a - 7p
Masonic Homes KentuckyFull time Full day
Nurses are responsible for caring for residents who required extended medical care. Oversee treatments and ensure compliance with prescribed therapies.
- Provides leadership to household staff to maintain policies and procedures for clinical practices and household management that support the values of “person first” and resident directed care.
- Implements clinical policies and procedures which ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of nursing care.
- Assures that documentation, medication administration, resident nursing care, safety and sanitation, personnel and staff development, RAI process, materials management, CQI and resident rights are in compliance with facility standards.
- Work with other dedicated nurses, medication aides, nurse leaders, caregivers, homemakers (Dietary Aide), housekeepers, case managers, and MDS nurse.
- Participates as household clinical staff in hiring functions, orientation, training, clinical competency, coaching, educating, counseling and performance appraisals, maintained in a manner supportive of team and professional standards of practice.
- Maintains staffing patterns consistent with the philosophy, objectives and availability of resources- participates in the clinical component of continuous quality improvement in the household in support of a systemic approach to quality clinical care.
- Often caring for patients with dementia, advanced wound care, dialysis, heart failure, and a variation of IV medications at times.
Ideal Experiences Include:
- Active RN or LPN Kentucky license required
- 2 years' experience in LTC setting preferred
- Great clinical skills are essential
- Short-term care or long-term care nurse with a team nursing approach
- Frequent opportunities for learning new skills and treatment methods
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which includes a medical and physical examination.
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or left a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.