Crescent Community Health CenterFull time Full day
Overview: The Medical Assistant will assist in the delivery of primary health care services and client care management in a fast-paced office setting. Under the supervision of the medical provider, participates in providing health promotion, health maintenance and illness management.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Prepare patients for provider office visit, greet and escort patient to the exam room
- Obtain patient’s vitals, update the patient’s medical history, medications, and allergies
- Document all screening information in the electronic medical record in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- Prepare and administer injections as ordered by provider and/or per standing orders
- Perform point of care lab procedures accurately and timely
- Draws, labels, records, and completes lab orders for in-house and contact lab in a timely manner
- Prepare patient in exam room for the exam and/or procedure
- Clean all equipment and exam room items according to OSHA and blood born pathogen protocols
- Distribute educational materials and resources to the patient as directed by the provider
- Assist the provider by reviewing patient charts and identifying any gaps in care and outstanding orders according to best practice guidelines
- Assist the provider with ordering necessary imaging
- Assist patient with scheduling for follow-up appointments
- Communicate test results to patient as directed by the provider
- Maintain a safe, clean, efficient, and welcoming environment for patients and staff
- Perform routine clerical, reception and medical records tasks as needed
- Respond to urgent or emergent needs of the patient
- Successful completion of initial and biennial competency assessments
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Participate in care team huddles and pre-visit planning as well as clinic meetings
- Will work under the direct supervision of the Care Team RN
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and position/industry specific programs
- Complete other duties/projects as assigned.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Maintain a friendly, respectful, and welcoming attitude toward all patients and staff
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and respectfully with all patients and staff
- Maintain awareness of and respect for cultural differences of patients and staff
- Respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations and when patients are upset
- Understand and follow all Crescent CHC, OSHA, HRSA and other guidelines required
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including mandatory meetings, in-services, and training
- Maintain confidential information as defined by CCHC and HIPAA regulations
- Maintain a safe environment free of hazards and risks for patients and staff, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Skilled use of office equipment, including but not limited to fax machines, copiers, printers, and computers
- Completion of credentialing and privileging requirements
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Certification Preferred
*This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting minimal job expectations. Responsibilities, hours and expectations may change as the need arises*
To apply, please submit a resume to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.