Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Growth Marketing
Samsung Electronics America IncFull time Full day
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Mobile Marketing Team is the place to be. The Strategy and Planning team, within Mobile Marketing, is situated at the intersection of the business and marketing. We are obsessed with leading the charge to find growth opportunities for Samsung, to help spread the love of our best in class ecosystem of mobile products from hand held devices, wrist wearables, tablets to audio accessories.
This role will report to the Head of Strategy and Planning and find new and innovative ways to increase revenue and meet company goals. This role will be responsible in the identification, definition, and execution of growth marketing initiatives that help Samsung win market share or mindshare with consumers to accelerate growth and propel the business forward.
Role and Responsibilities
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives and ensures multiple stakeholder alignment to the strategy
- Analyze the market and competitor dynamics to determine opportunities and define strategies to help Samsung win market share
- Self-starter good at working with little to no direction with an exceptional ability to define strategies and actions and is able to take a project from insights, definition to execution with very little guidance
- Understand deeply the customer lifecycle and consumer experience journey and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Connect consumers to products through insights
- Drive the implementation of the strategy through a formal brief presented to key internal and external stakeholders in order to develop a detailed tactical and KPI measurement plan
- Serve as the nexus that connects together key stakeholders throughout the business and within the marketing organization and foster collaboration to create an integrated and coordinate marketing execution of strategy.
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end: you will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign through to completion
- Investigate and test new channels to communicate with our existing customers
- Partner with the Consumer Insights and Media Analytics teams to measure the impact of each campaign, and develop ways to scale
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, analytics and creative to meet ambitious growth targets
- Serve as the overall marketing expert of Samsung and competitor product portfolios, go-to-market and marketing strategy to help the team develop industry leading marketing strategy
- Drive the creation of a shared reality within the marketing organization by providing a regular overview of the business goals, market situation, Samsung and competitor product portfolios, target consumer personas, customer context (carriers and retailers), and competitor marketing playbooks.
- Establishes a formal and frequent cadence of reporting results through the development of a KPI dashboard and bi-monthly live meeting forum
- On-going optimization of the marketing plan to maximize ROI and shift Samsung $ resources into tactics that are delivering expected business results
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with 10-15 years of experience or Master's Degree with 12+ years of experience in marketing, business strategy, or product marketing
- Brand marketing experience in CPG or consumer electronics
- A functional knowledge of consumer electronics and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and marketing
- Experience defining go-to-market strategy in the CPG, consumer electronics or telecommunications sector
- Experience acting as project management lead for projects and taking them from inception to launch
- Experience managing MM$ marketing budgets
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a willingness to rapidly ramp up and lead the strategy, selection and measurement of partners with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to collaborate across Samsung from an analytical and creative perspective, focus on performance-based marketing outcomes
- A disruptive thinker that has a proven track record of challenging the status quo in order to create new product marketing playbooks
- Consummate collaborator committed to communication excellence
- A strong background in brand marketing, strategic marketing or product marketing role
- A love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- Experience working cross-functionally with creatives, engineers, analysts and product managers
- A passionate personality that always believes that "it can be done", and a curious mind to question and discover market changing insights
- An intimate understanding of MarTec and digital marketing
- Experience with experimental design and a/b testing to help optimize marketing campaign performance
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive position.
Skills and Qualifications
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.