Newell BrandsFull time Full day
TITLE: Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
JOB CLASS: Hourly
This position will inspect, assemble and package in-process inventory and/or finished goods in a fast
paced manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for the operation of assembly, packaging and labeling machines.
- Must drive productivity and efficiency performance in the workstation while maintaining highest levels of safety and quality.
- Maintains adherence to production schedules for the workstation. Ensures work is completed at the correct quantity and in the proper time frame
- Performs machine changeovers as needed.
- Makes minor adjustments to the machine when necessary. Diagnoses problems and assists maintenance personnel on all repairs / adjustments.
- Performs necessary calculations before and after each production order. Completes necessary paperwork to record production and quality performance daily.
- Ensures standard quality checks are performed properly and regularly.
- Keeps work cell neat and clean at all times. Maintains lean work environment and strives to eliminate waste in the workstation.
- Ensures that there are no safety hazards on the floor in the working area. Proactively identifies potential safety issues.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Drive for Results
- Flexible to work any shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Visual aptitude – must be able to see with or without correction.
- Communication – ability to communicate verbally or non-verbally.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to perform standing job for 12 consecutive hours.
- Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12 hour period.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Tennessee Career Readiness Certificate Silver Level preferred
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.