RN Unit Manager
Goldner Capital ManagementFull time Full day
Plan, develop, organize, implement, and direct nursing services for residents on the unit assigned.
Ensure compliance with current applicable federal, state and local regulations and facility policies and procedures.
Review complaints and grievances made or filed by staff. Makes appropriate reports to the Director of Nursing as required or as necessary.
Ensure an adequate stock of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is always maintained on the unit to adequately meet the needs of the resident and notifies appropriate personnel of needs.
Assist in the development of written preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each resident.
Make nursing/aide assignments as indicated.
Encourage staff to attend and participate in outside training programs and schedules times as appropriate.
Review nurses’ notes to ensure they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided, that they reflect the resident’s response to the care, and that such care is provided in accordance with the resident’s wishes.
Minimum requirements include the following:
- A nursing degree from an accredited college or university,
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing direct care in long-term care, restorative or geriatric setting as an LPN/RN.
- Minimum (1) year of experience in nursing management.
- Current CPR Certification.
Must also meet state requirements for relevant licensures or certifications and have no disciplinary action in effect against professional license.
- Treat all residents with dignity and respect. Promotes and protects all residents’ rights.
- Establish a culture of compliance by adhering to all facility policies and procedures. Comply with standards of business conduct, and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Follow appropriate safety and hygiene measures at all times to protect residents and themselves.
- Maintain confidentiality of protected health information, including verbal, written, and electronic communications.
- Report noncompliance with policies, procedures, regulations, or breaches in confidentiality to appropriate personnel. Reports any retaliation or discrimination to HR or compliance officer.
- Report any allegations of abuse, neglect, misappropriation of property, exploitation, or mistreatment of residents to supervisor and/or administrator. Protects residents from abuse and cooperates with all investigations.
- Report any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and/or hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy.
- Participate in all life safety and emergency drills and trainings. Fulfills responsibilities as assigned during implementation or activation of the facility’s emergency plan.
- Report work-related injuries and illnesses immediately to supervisor.
- Follow established infection control policies and procedures.
- As a condition of employment, complete all assigned training and skills competency.
- Complete assigned portions of MDS. Attends care-plan meetings of assigned residents.
- Participate in QAPI or facility assessment activities as needed, such as carrying out duties assigned as part of a performance improvement committee
- Accept licensed nurse assignments, as staffing needs require. Perform licensed nurse duties as assigned, in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Use proper lifting and body mechanics while delivering care to residents.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.