Corporate Security Safety Service Officer
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.Full time Full day
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks to include Jackson Campus Security & Safety functional support. This position provides security/safety support. This position reports into the Security Manager and will work with various Jackson employees, Asset Protection professionals, local law enforcement, and outside consultants as, and if required. The primary objective of this position is to assist with supervising the Jackson Security Services as related to safeguarding the Jackson facility/grounds, employees and be a First Responder in a crisis situation. This position will require working non-business hours and potentially weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directing visitors and controlling access at all the Jackson Site Security Posts.
- Managing and Directing Trucks through a Warehouse Management System
- Monitoring CCTV, security, and fire suppression systems.
- Patrolling and securing areas inside and outside the facility.
- Documenting security and safety-related incidents.
- Assisting/supervising the 3rd party security services.
- Monthly Door and first aid kit checks
- First Responder to a Crisis Situation.
- Understands and follows the Jackson site's environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong leadership skills including effective oral and written communication, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating others, collaboration, team player, ability to deal with obstacles, and partner with senior management to identify/solve problems. Sets the example for others to follow.
- Able to work independently, without direct supervision, under wide ranges of physical and mental stress. Responsive to supervision and direction, but has the capacity for independent initiative when required.
- Strategic thinker to identify and minimize exposure to global emerging trends and threats as they relate to the Jackson Campus.
- Good native memory with keen powers of observation.
- Ability to keep the information confidential
- Selfless dedication can subordinate self-interests to the protection mission.
- Mature thought process, high emotional intelligence with a positive outlook
- Even-tempered and not prone to physical overreaction. Exhibits a friendly, positive, and professional demeanor at all times.
- Personable and sociable, can interact with people at all levels. Have excellent people skills for dealing with all levels of associates.
- Mentally Flexible – changes gears easily and not rattled by unexpected changes.
- Broad Interests and awareness of current events.
- Will strive to grow in their professional development within the company by seeking training and opportunities that will increase their value to the unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required, higher education preferred. Plus 2 years related security/law enforcement/military experience.
- CPR / AED / First Aid Training.
- Extraordinary physical fitness is essential and proficiency in martial art and/or other defensive skill is desirable.
- Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, drug screen, and psychological screening process is required.
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Under administrative direction, setting up own standard of performance. Virtually self-supervising. Reports to Site Security Manager.
Considerable responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance, either of which would affect the work operations of medium organizational component and the organization's clientele.
Close mental demand. Operations requiring close and continuous attention for control of operations. Operations requiring intermittent direct thinking to determine or select the most applicable way of handling situations regarding the organization's administration and operations; also, to determine or select material and equipment where highly variable sequences are involved.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately directed. Activities covered by wide-ranging policies and courses of action and generally directed as to execution and review. High order of analytical, interpretative, and/or constructive thinking in varied situations.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of non-complex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.)
Occasional routine contacts with persons outside the organization. This would include contacts with suppliers, mail service, etc.
Contacts occasionally with others beyond immediate associates, but generally of a routine nature. May obtain, present, or discuss data, but only as pertains to an immediate and specific assignment. No responsibility for obtaining cooperation or approval of action or decision.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.