Outside Plant Engineer
NsightFull time Full day
Nsight, parent company of Cellcom, Nsight Telservices, and Nsight Tower wants YOU to join our team!
Our family of companies provides complete telecommunications services, including wireless and fiber-based services to residential and business customers, along with tower erection and maintenance services in Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Our commitment to customer service, local philanthropic efforts and green initiatives make us an employer of choice in the state of Wisconsin. We're looking for individuals who are driven, enthusiastic and care about our community. More importantly, we like to hire people looking to grow with an organization and those who are excited about the ever-changing telecommunications industry.
This position will be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the outside plant environment for Nsight. Primary areas of responsibility will include fiber and copper cable plant, and cable terminations. The Outside Plant Engineer will be responsible for plant design, execution of feasibility studies, preparation of bid packages, management of bidding processes, acquisition of cost estimates, project documentation and justification, preparation of project plans and timelines, and management of outside plant projects to ensure compliance with budgetary and strategic objectives. This role will also be responsible for preparation and management of annual construction budgets and identification of other fiber optic networks within the Nsight region. Finally, this position will assist in preparation and execution of the Company's long range network deployment strategy.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve as subject matter expert in areas requiring advance fiber optic plant design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Assess and develop outside plant requirements.
- Prepare scope of work and bid packages, and solicit quotations.
- Evaluate responses to bid requests, and make recommendations for bid awards.
- Prepare project plans, time lines, engineering releases and budgets for outside plant projects.
- Conduct field inspections of outside plant projects.
- Verify and approve contractors' invoices and request for progress payments on all outside plant projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and preservation of all outside plant documentation.
- Provide inputs to annual capital and operating budgets for areas relating to outside plant.
- Maintain awareness of industry issues, best practices, and innovations within outside plant disciplines.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with municipalities and contractors to ensure timely awareness of planned road construction projects affecting outside plant.
- Conduct ongoing research to ensure awareness and knowledge of all fiber optic networks within the Company's operating region.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in civil, electrical or mechanical disciplines, or equivalent industry certifications.
- 3-5 years experience in outside plant design, planning and implementation in the telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outside plant principles, including knowledge of aerial and underground cable construction, cable and duct types, and splicing and maintenance principles.
- Basic familiarity with DC power systems design and operation.
- Experience with budget creation and management.
- Requires a valid drivers license.
Nsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. This is a drug-free workplace.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.