RF Engineer Intern
NsightFull time Full day
Nsight is the parent company of Cellcom, Nsight Telservices, and Nsight Tower.
Our family of companies provides wireless, business and residential local service, long distance, internet, web hosting and tower erection and maintenance services in the Midwest. Our green initiatives, commitment to customer service and local philanthropic efforts make us an employer of choice in the state of Wisconsin. We're looking for individuals who are driven, enthusiastic and care about our community. More importantly, we like to hire people looking to grow with an organization and those who are excited about the ever-changing telecommunications industry.
The RF Engineer Intern will assist in designing wireless systems with vendor supplied electronics (site selection, operational changes, spectrum management).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in site selection/placement, tower height evaluation, antenna selection, output power levels and other details involved with the transmission and reception of cellular telephony.
- Evaluates spectrum utilization at each site, site ability to support traffic, and its impact on the system.
- Conduct drive tests and analyze drive test data and E911 data.
- Monitor and trend current system performance, assisting with changes to improve performance to meet market objectives of minimal dropped calls and quality audio.
- Assists cell site technicians in turn up of new sites while recording initial performance benchmarks - creating and utilizing test procedures and equipment.
Further position details to be discussed throughout interview process.
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or other technical discipline.
- General knowledge of spectrum/network analysis and general test equipment.
- Proficient in Windows, Linux, Word, Excel, Internet.
- Understanding of basic cellular theory and technologies preferred.
Nsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. This is a drug-free workplace.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Recruiting Manager at email@example.com.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.