Director/Senior Director, Alliance Program Management
NovavaxFull time Full day
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leveragesthe power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
The Director/Senior Director will build and lead an Alliance Program Management group within the Global Program Management team. This position will report to the SVP, Global Program Management and will work closely with alliance managers and sponsors, executive leadership, strategic partners, and cross-functional teams to support Novavax strategic alliances through regulatory submissions, licensure and beyond.
In this role, the Alliance Director / Senior Director will build and lead an organization of strategic alliance-focused program managers and coordinators who work with and across alliance and program teams to drive the identification of alliance strategies, build and maintain detailed alliance plans, identify interdependences and downstream implications of decisions, and proactively identify and implement risk mitigations. Alliance Program managers will support multi-disciplinary alliance teams, led by alliance managers within an established governance structure, to manage meetings (facilitation, agendas, summaries, action logs), track alliance activities to ensure that deliverables and activities are completed on time, gather, and report alliance performance metrics and ensure effective communication across the alliance teams and the broader strategic partnerships. The Alliance Dir / Sr. Dir will also ensure effective stakeholder management, decision governance and communication of the status of strategic alliances. As a member of the Global Program Management leadership team and SVP, the Alliance Dir / Sr. Director will collaborate to ensure the development and execution of overarching product and alliance development and commercialization plans to ensure continuous alignment with both the company's and its strategic partners' business objectives.
Success in this role depends on strong organizational and interpersonal skills, staff management and development, a keen attention to detail, and a passion for accomplishing business objectives through teamwork and collaboration with the most successful candidates exhibiting a depth of expertise and demonstrated experiences in successful alliance management. The Dir/Sr Dir will also be responsible for using best program and alliance management practices, tools, and templates.
Location is flexible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and lead a team of alliance program managers and coordinators to work collaboratively with alliance managers, sponsors, and executive leadership to drive the development and execution of multiple complex alliance plans, from early development through commercialization.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for alliance program management activities.
- Proactively identify critical path, risks, and impediments to successful management of strategic alliances and drive the identification and development of solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Maintain frequent communications with enterprise-wide alliance teams, alliance managers and executive sponsors, and additional key internal stakeholders so that all parties are aware of current alliance status, interdependencies, critical path activities, issues, contingencies, and milestones.
- In collaborate with alliance managers and alliance program managers:
- Drive timely decisions and accountability within alliance teams and facilitate active communication and information flow between team members, alliance partners and governance bodies.
- Ensure summary information on alliance progress, timeline and milestone updates and risk assessments are prepared and communicated to leadership in a timely manner.
Drive alliance team meetings and ensure that clear agendas are set, and actions and decisions are documented, communicated and commitments made.
- Support GPM and Alliance leadership on various activities, initiatives, and issues as appropriate.
- Proactively work with Global Program Management to align alliance efforts with overall product development and commercialization plans, implement administrative and organizational processes for timely knowledge and information transfer, and onboard PM and AM tools for efficient tracking and reporting.
- Build strong working relationships across departments, with key stakeholders and senior management to ensure transparency and to facilitate communication.
- Establish alliance program management best practices and assist in the implementation of infrastructure necessary for successful alliance program management.
- Leverage alliance and program management best practices to foster a team culture of transparency, accountability, high cross-functional communication, and timely execution.
- Some travel may be required (10-20%).
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years in the biotechnology industry or related sector with demonstrated experience in successful alliance management required.
- Track record of successfully driving and managing strategic alliances, overcoming challenges, and managing risks.
- Demonstrated successful leadership in building teams and developing, motivating, and managing talent.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to develop effective relationships, motivate others and influence in a cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation amongst all stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, determine causes and identify and implement solutions.
- Innovative, driven, highly organized self-starter with ability to handle multiple activities and comfortable interacting with all levels of management within the company.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.