Shipping Representative (Part Time)
Henry ScheinFull time Full day
Responsible for the timely, efficient, and safe shipment of domestic orders.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manifests customer orders.
- Verifies products selected for customer orders and checks off as appropriate on packing lists. Packs all orders neatly and correctly in box or envelope to ensure quality.
- Properly identify hazmat product and be able to process hazmat shipments.
- Reports any error in product selection or quantity to appropriate team member or area and/or corrects the order as necessary before shipment.
- Loads truck with customer shipments on skids in brick wall formation. Installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit. Disposes of empty boxes, packaging, and shipment materials appropriately to maintain safe and clean working conditions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to pass machine driver safety training for all required equipment. Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.