Building Maintenance Laborer
Sun Country ToursFull time Full day
Mt. Bachelor's mission statement is to deliver memorable experiences, enhance people's lives and have fun doing it! Our Building Maintenance team is committed to assist with all aspects of keeping Mt. Bachelor's buildings in working condition including lighting, plumbing, painting, construction and general repair and replacement. This is a full time year round position in a department that has staff on property 365 days per year. Flexibility in work schedule is a must. The willingness and ability to learn and work in all of our facilities, all weather conditions and get a little dirty while completing tasks are key attributes for a successful candidate.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Lighting Systems -- Inspect all areas for lighting needs. Replace, clean and repair fixtures, lenses and diffusers. Including exit and emergency lighting.
- Plumbing Systems -- Repair and replace all toilets, urinals and flush systems; clean, repair, replace and monitor drains, sinks and grease traps; repair, replace and inspect faucets, drinking fountains and valves.
- General Maintenance -- Inspect all areas. Respond to department calls re: replacements or repairs for items requiring attention including, coat hooks, carpet tiles, signs, ski racks and unassembled equipment.
- Mechanical Systems -- Replace and maintain filters and belts.
- Interior Maintenance -- Patch, replace and repair damaged walls, ceilings and décor. Includes, painting replacing woodwork trim, replacing ceiling tiles, installing carpet tiles and Formica repair.
- Entry Systems -- Maintain and adjust door closers, fit within the frame, locking devices and weather stripping.
- General Shop Work -- Assist with cutting, assembly, sanding and painting; maintain operating supply stock.
- Daily Inspection -- Look at repairs and determine the order of importance, log meter readings.
- Shovel Snow -- During the winter season, we strive to keep our guests and employees safe, by keeping access areas clear of snow.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Valid and current Driver's License
Technical- Able to learn new tools and equipment through verbal and visual instruction, some basic mechanical skill.
Physical Capabilities- This is a highly physical position, strength and enthusiasm are required; able to remain on knees for extended periods of time, flexible enough to reach tight spots.
Additional- Working on ladders and other high locations. The ability to be flexible in your job with rapidly changing priorities. Must be able to provide own basic hand tools.
Minimum education required- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum time in related position- Farm work or shop class background preferred.