Nicolet National BankFull time Full day
Before proceeding with the application process, please review the Fair Credit Reporting Act attachment at the bottom of the page.
The Senior Accountant plays an important role in the bank's financial reporting, month end close, fixed assets, general ledger reconciliations and supporting other finance team members in completing accounts payable, teller balancing, internal DDA's and Bank Subsidiary accounting. This individual will provide solid technical accounting, reporting and internal control knowledge and will be relied upon to keep projects/tasks moving with minimal guidance. Strong communication skills, ability to work across department lines, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines are essential to thrive in this position. This position will work on-site at our location in Downtown Green Bay.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are essential job responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting with the daily reconciliation of teller balances, bank internal DDA's, positive pay, daily tasks and monthly/quarterly completion of general ledger reconciliations for all entities ensuring timely completion. Also be a strong contributor to research and resolutions of variance and issues, including communications with other departments for process improvement.
- Provide back-up support for the Accounts Payable processes along with Accounts Payable staff for timely coding and payment of all approved bank expenses through the Accounts Payable System.
- Responsible for the fixed asset process including set up of new fixed assets, disposal of retired fixed assets, processing of monthly depreciation, payment and reconciliation of related property taxes and related reporting as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing General Ledger management, including but not limited to report writing, GL account usage, addition of new GL accounts, removal or deletion of GL accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing and assisting with weekly and quarterly regulatory or SEC data compilation. Also, assist with monthly Board of Director reporting processing.
- Assist with the training of accountant and accounting assistant roles and to provide feedback on other team members.
- Ownership of or assistance with processes such as but not limited to consolidation accounting, subsidiary accounting, merger accounting, Nicolet National Foundation accounting, investment/bond accounting, servicing assets, Other Real Estate Owned, equity, payroll, taxes, new accounting/pronouncements, etc.
The following job responsibilities may be reassigned:
- Other related duties as assigned or requested.
KEY JOB BEHAVIORS
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and ability to apply or determine accounting treatment to existing and new accounting matters.
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Flexibility to work extended hours as may be needed (month/quarter/year-end)
- Solid judgement, analytical and decision making skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe PDF's
- Prologue knowledge a plus
- Ability to collaborate on or lead projects with other Bank Departments on mutual tasks, reporting or accounting related matters or changes.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, specifically, the ability to effectively write a variety of correspondence and reports and to explain complex policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the bank in a professional and positive manner.
Uphold the bank's philosophy and policies by maintaining appropriate controls to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of the bank.
Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to understand the value of diversity within the workplace and to work successfully with others without regard to age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion, disability status, socioeconomic status or other non-job-related classification. A commitment to the bank's policies on equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination with a willingness to pursue efforts of inclusion and respect toward different perspectives.
Four (4) year college degree in accounting/finance or Associates degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of relevant bank accounting experience.
4+ years of accounting experience in a financial institution preferred.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, along with a CPA or CPA eligible and 5+ years of bank accounting experience.
In compliance with the ADA, performance of this job requires certain physical demands. These demands are as follows but not limited to the ability to sit, stand and walk often throughout the day, constantly be able to operate with their hands and arms, occasionally ascend/descend flights of stairs, position themselves frequently throughout the day, communicate with other employees, able to examine their work and regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. These physical demands must be met by an employee to be successful and perform at full potential but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.