Lab Administrator (Network Security)
Palo Alto NetworksFull time Full day
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Palo Alto Networks Customer Service Lab team is hiring a Lab Systems Administrator!
Qualified candidates will be proficient in VMWare, Linux, and Windows administration as well as basic network administration skills. You must be self-motivated, articulate and organized. You have a talent for finding and resolving issues before they become larger problems. Prefer candidates with experience in a support or engineering network lab environment. Experience with Spirent Velocity lab automation platform a plus.
Typical job responsibilities will include:
● Implementation and management of Lab Automation utilizing Spirent Velocity platform.
● Automation script development using Python scripting, based on user requirements.
● Build and maintain a VMware ESXi environment using clusters, resource pools and shared storage.
● Training and assisting users with lab systems, tools, and processes.
● Assisting users with building and provisioning virtual machine guests in Windows, Linux.
● Monitoring and maintaining lab network to ensure reliable operation.
● Designing and implementing tools to mitigate network outages.
● Creating dashboards and tools to monitor server and network environments.
● Updating and patching systems to maintain a secure operating environment.
● Implement LDAP/Active Directory for user authentication to lab services.
● Implementing Network Management platforms such as Puppet, Nagios, Cricket, and Rancid.
● Enable remote access to lab services for users via SSL VPN and RDP/VNC/View Client.
● Maintain and deploy network testing tools, such as TCP Replay, IXIA, and Spirent.
● Experience managing CENTOS, Ubuntu, or other Linux distributions.
● Windows and VMware administration experience.
● Scripting and automation skills, emphasis on Python.
● Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, Dynamic Routing Protocols,
VLAN, SSH/SCP/SFTP, iSCSI, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SIFS, SMTP, SNMP.
● Experience with TCP Replay, IXIA, Breaking Point, Spirent Test Center, and Spirent Avalanche a plus.
● Experience with TCL scripting a plus
● BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
● 3-5 years’ experience working as a Lab System Administrator.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.