Technical Engineering Manager
Farm Bureau Financial ServicesFull time Full day
Technical Engineering Manager
We are looking for a leader who has a passion for growing, developing, and leading others. Do you enjoy driving and supporting strategic initiatives? Are you a strong relationship builder, enjoy collaborating with IT leaders and development staff, and have a passion for technology? If so, this Technical Engineering Manager opportunity could be a great fit!
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership, and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We are proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You'll Do:
- In this role you will lead a team that is responsible for Database Administration, Informatica Tool Administration, Mid-Tier application platforms and code repositories, and our DevOps program. You will lead and manage 11 individuals that support these technologies and functions. This team is part of our Infrastructure and Operations team and collaborates heavily with our applications development teams. The Technical Engineering Manager will need to build strong relationships with our development team partners.
- Oversee team building and staff development activities, including the selection and hiring, training and development, appraisals and development plans, salary administration, along with the guidance, discipline, recognition, and work assignments necessary to challenge employees to deliver consistent, quality results.
- Oversee the ongoing operation of key systems; supporting infrastructure such as computing platforms, web portals, and collaboration systems. Plan and manage efforts to ensure vendor currency is retained, software is appropriately licensed, and system risks are reported and mitigated.
- Manage and measure staff work quality to ensure business systems objectives are met; service levels for work orders and incident tickets are met; corrective actions are taken to prevent system problems, and business system impacts are reported to IT management and stakeholders. System users include employees, agents, agency staff and external customers via web sites.
- Oversee the consistent use of FBL IT standards for change, incident, and problem management to ensure data is secured and systems are operated in accordance with retention, legal, audit and regulatory requirements. Assist in developing standard operating procedures and maturing work processes.
- Serve as the key liaison between IT operations and business areas to interpret and analyze complex business problems. Participate in regular meetings to keep IT staff informed of productivity objectives, goals and concerns. Partner with senior IT staff to design and ensure compliance with underlying principles, assumptions and strategies, ensure the integrity of applications, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with software/hardware vendors to assist in recognizing possible business solutions. Set priorities that are in line with business goals.
- Identify systems problems, determine level of urgency, work with technical team and communicate to impacted IT teams regarding issues/status/resolution.
- Keep abreast of current end user and workforce technologies and assist the business with prioritization of maintenance and projects ensuring that the initiative with the greatest benefit/risk will be worked on first.
- Prepare annual operating budget and manage expenses in alignment to budget, reporting variances throughout the year.
- Manage complex projects as requested to deliver solutions in support of FBL business and application development efforts.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus eight years of relevant experience required. Enterprise Infrastructure experience preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Good analytical/conceptual thinking skills, technical systems knowledge, process management, and logical problem solving skills are required.
- Must have a good customer service orientation, impact and influence, industry awareness, initiative, integrity, people savvy, relationship management and self-confidence skills.
- Must have or attain a strong understanding of all entities of the FBL Financial Group.
- Must understand the inter-relationship between business and technology needs.
- Knowledge of company adopted standards and familiarity with technical architecture and application system designs.
- Must have current working knowledge of multiple IT platforms and maintain awareness of technology changes.
- Oral and written communication skills as appropriate to this position.
What We Offer You: When you're on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic.
If your values align with ours, we invite you to join Farm Bureau Financial Services…where the grass really IS greener!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.