Product Information Management System Administrator
OrgillFull time Full day
Orgill is looking for a Product Information Management System Administrator. The incumbent will be responsible for providing internal and external customers with quality product information across all channels. This position will work closely with Marketing, IT, Product Data Team, and subject matter experts throughout the organization to develop solutions and manage projects that improve product data quality used by the enterprise and our customers. This position is open to virtual work and no relocation is required.
- Determine business needs and work to meet those needs in the PIM.
- Ability to manage multi-format data sources for specific targeted use.
- Create and manage business rules, processes, and workflows directly in the PIM to support standard work processes and quality improvements.
- Implement taxonomy, hierarchies, attributes, and manage user privileges for business teams accessing and using the PIM and work with the central PIM Team and Systems Team for implementation.
- Lead PIM Projects to support systems needs.
- Define, measure, and report key performance indicators and metrics for product data quality.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively in varying environments/personalities while maintaining a professional/credible demeanor.
- Ability to clarify the needs and priorities of customer expectations and translate to potential PIM driven solutions.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Works as owner and trusted advisor in the delivery of PIM software upgrades and modules.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external resources to monitor project progress, troubleshoot issues, set customer expectations, and provide regular status reports to stakeholders.
- Monitor day-to-day activities to maintain the health of the platform(s) and to fine-tune process and workflows.
- Work closely with product owners, brand and marketing managers to create appropriate models to publish product catalog data to various channels and systems.
- Shares business knowledge and understanding among team members and stakeholders.
- Define and support configurations including, but not limited to, attributes, attribute groups, attribute validity, categorization, integration points, configuration profiles, XML, API endpoints, etc.
- Assist in designing/defining transformations, outputs, and business rules within the PIM system.
- Oversee Image and Document Management in the PIM.
- Ability to develop relationships with the key influencer's and decision-makers within key functional areas to bring about transformative solutions for our customers.
- Leads by example, demonstrate bias toward action, results orientated with a style conducive to teamwork.
- Balance short-term project goals with long-term strategic objectives.
- Other duties to support general PIM functions, including but not limited to:
- Language translations and translation project management including applying marketing and branding rules.
- Asset management including managing hierarchies for assets, reference types processes, documentation and training.
- Support data governance in all areas including the creation of standard work processes, documentation and training.
- Manage all help desk/ticket support.
- Participate in data quality improvement projects such as attribute clean-up, population, references, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Business, Computer Science, of related field is required.
- 2+ years of Data Management or IT data governance experience in B2B or B2C industry.
- PIM / MDM experience required - experience in WinShuttle Enterworks is preferred.
- Project management experience implementing system enhancements, application upgrades, and business process changes related to PIM applications.
- Experience as a team member defining and implementing an enterprise PIM solution.
- Business process analysis design and optimization related to the PIM functions and use cases.
- Strong customer presence and ability to lead meetings, conversations and workshops, and attention to detail.
- Data Governance experience defining, managing, and enforcing data guidelines.
- A deep understanding of e-commerce information exchange standards preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle, attribution, taxonomy models, and distribution/publishing practices.
- Proven track record of managing cross-platform digital projects with large groups of distributed stakeholders.
- Knowledge of digital development; concept to information architecture to design, development, & QA.
- Knowledge of system development methodology, project mgmt., system architecture, analytical/problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment a must.
- BI experience preferred, like Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, or similar for data discovery and reporting of PIM data.
- Knowledge of workflow management.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Expert in Experience preparing data using with data preparation and data cleanup solutions like WinPure Clean & Match, Altair Monarch, or similar.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas across the team and to other key stakeholders.
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports.
What can we offfer to you?
Orgill, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that offers valuable benefit options at reasonable costs and provides affordable coverage to our employees:
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical & Prescription
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Additional Life, Accident, and Cancer Coverage
- Vacation Benefits
- 8 Paid Holidays
Who is Orgill?
Founded in 1847, Orgill, Inc., is the world's largest and fastest-growing independently-owned hardlines distribution company. From its seven distribution centers and three export consolidation facilities, Orgill, Inc. distributes hardware and home improvement products to hardware, home improvement, and building materials retailers across North America and in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Employees of Orgill, Inc. adopt the core values of our company: We exist to serve our customers. We maintain the highest ethical standards. Every department and every individual is important, and we strive for the highest quality.
We're always looking for positive, energetic, and upbeat people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment Orgill may be right for you!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.