Delivery Driver - Sparks NV
OrgillFull time Full day
Primarily responsible for the support of distribution center operations by efficeintly delivering hardware related merchandise to Orgill, Inc. customers and transporting returned items or materials back to the distribution center.
As a growing company, we are always looking for new team members to help us continue in our success. Currently, we are seeking a Delivery Driver who is primarily responsible for the support of distribution center operations by efficiently delivering hardware related merchandise to Orgill, Inc. customers and transporting returned items or materials back to the distribution center.
Requires an average of 2 overnights per week.
$1,200 flat weekly rate of pay. Up to $1500 per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products
- Safely maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service, trip reports and other documentation applicable to company, state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders and covers
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services required
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine conditions and quality
- Routinely perform pre and post-trip inspections
Skills and Abilities
Qualifications for this position inlcude but are not limited to:
- Current possession and ability to maintain Class A CDL; must be able to obtain Hazmat endorsement; Doubles and Triples preferred
- Excellent MVR and driving background
- Ability to qualify physically for and obtain a Medical Examiner's certificate pursuant to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regualtions
- Able to make correct and accurate decisions when interacting with customers and the motoring public
- Two years experience operating a tractor trailer, handling own merchandise and interaction with customers
- Ability to work a minimum of two overnight routes
- Committment to high standards of safety and comply will all safety policies
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to meet physical assessment requirements for this position
- Able to walk, reach, bend, push, pull, stoop, squat, climb grasp and lift as necessary to perform vehicle inspections and coupling/uncoupling process
- Able to walk, bend, reach, stoop, squat, push and pull as well as maneuver items of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment (Such as, but not limited to: unloading merchandise for customers using a manual pallet jack and unloading freight by hand and/or with use of a dolly/hand truck)
- Able to read and interpret a map and complete a trip plan
- Able to meet dealines and complete individual daily goals
- High School diploma or GED preferred
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.