Patient Access Rep - Iowa Heart
Catholic Health InitiativeFull time Full day
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country's foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
Under supervision, greets, instructs, schedules and directs adult patients and visitors. Serves as liaison between patient and medical support staff.
- Greets, instructs, and directs all incoming patients and visitors.
- Assists with completion of registration forms.
- Answers incoming calls and provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information via the computer, updates information as needed.
- Assists with pre-certification process.
- Monitors patient waiting time and maintains patient flow.
- Performs billing processes as identified.
- Assures completion of all appropriate documents upon check out.
- Utilizes appropriate auditing tools according to IHC guidelines.
- Attempts to contact all "no show" patients, documents in patient's record and reschedules patient.
- Notifies patient of future scheduled appointment.
- Collects payments and compiles daily payment log.
- Educates and instructs patients of upcoming procedures and tests under the nurse's guidelines.
- Maintains accurate balance of petty cash.
- Utilizes answering service at appropriate times and retrieves messages from answering service and responds appropriately.
- May cover other Iowa Heart Center locations as directed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Computer experience required
- Prefer at least one year of experience in the medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Cardiovascular Medical Terminology class completion within 1 year of hire.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.