Manager Strategic Analytics
UnityPoint HealthFull time Full day
Assists the Director, Strategic Analytics in a client-facing position accountable for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with our analytical offerings. Bridges the technical expertise of data analysts, data engineers, data architects, and data scientists with the operational, financial, and clinical expertise of leaders across UPH. Provides deep insights through sophisticated analytics translation that generates impact at scale across the organization. Leverages domain knowledge to help business and clinical leaders identify and prioritize their business problems and conveys these business goals to the data and analytics professional who will create the models and analytics solutions. Ensures that analytics solutions produce insights that business and clinical leaders can interpret and execute on, ultimately communicating the benefits of these insights to users to drive adoption. Acts in a consultative capacity to assist clients in addressing outstanding financial or clinical information needs. Quickly understands and interprets data, how it can be applied, and its limitations to ensure analytic projects are scoped correctly and that expectations are met. Leads and participates on project teams to provide direction and insight on the use of sophisticated quantitative studies using both billing data and claims based data, as well as other data sources when necessary, in order to advance operational performance based on quality, utilization, cost and other key drivers.
- Play a senior role in achieving the Analytics & Reporting Strategy of UnityPoint Health, and assigned affiliate/region to drive business and process innovation
- Translates analytics insights to business and clinical leaders to drive adoption of analytics solutions and improvement in key outcome measures
- Aligns with key strategic business areas and drives to right questions, data, and processes
- Accountable for building effective partnerships with leaders, understanding organizational strategy, and using data analytics to effectively consult and influence decisions related to shaping division and department level strategy and goals. Focus on strategic, high-value initiatives
- Works with stakeholders to identify and assess issues/opportunities in business strategies, providing expertise in developing and implementing strategic initiatives as a tactical response to address those opportunities; determines if objectives can be met using an analytical approach and develops hypothesis. Engages internal and external peers to develop the best solution
- Collaborates with business to identify key data requirements and engages analytics team members to acquire harmonize, rescale, and cleans data for statistical techniques
- Identify client deliverables; determine tasks and timing.
- Interprets results of quantitative models, identifies trends and issues, and develops alternatives to support business objectives
- Presents recommendations and actionable findings to stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Partners with stakeholders and technologist to implement/automate/operationalize models into day-to-day business decision making
- Monitor industry activities impacting healthcare business. Maintain a working knowledge of analytical & technological advances. Keep leadership informed of external trends and issues that may impact the business
- Develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment
- Design and support analytic solutions that will help the organization in care redesign, clinical delivery and operations, and performance reporting
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operational aspects for analytics team including, identification of resources and establishment of work schedules, and revision of production schedules as appropriate to meet changing organizational needs and requirements
- Provide leadership to staff to ensure effective, efficient operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality in a vastly changing health care environment
- Assists with the development and training of other staff
- Participates in the development of the department, including coaching and recruiting for consultants/analysts, preparing departmental plans, three year roadmaps, goals, standards, procedures, and instructions, which contribute to the effectiveness of the department in accordance with organizational goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care Administration, Operations Research, Public Health Administration, or Clinical related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of healthcare experience is required
- Domain knowledge of operational, financial or clinical domains, plus experience to effectively identify the value or analytics in that context
- 5 years healthcare analytics experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with project management and driving initiatives across multiple departments is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums, blending technical skills, analytical expertise and business acumen, and effectively able to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to take an abstract assignment and drive it to clarity through concept and definition
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, as well as ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate and manage large, complex projects and be able to negotiate and build consensus among groups or individuals with diverse interests and function effectively as a team leader in a team environment
- Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities, which arise, in a complex multiprocessing environment is crucial
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements
- In depth knowledge of claims analytics, population health strategies, physician engagement, large clinic management, and/or patient engagement is strongly preferred
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.