Retail Merchandiser - Soft Goods
Scheels SportsFull time Full day
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The E-Commerce Soft Goods Merchandiser position will work closely with the E-Commerce Sales Leader and Apparel/Footwear Merchandising team to be responsible for day-to-day management of brands and specialty clothing and/or shoe shops on Scheels.com. This position will work within the team to build a world-class online shopping experience for all things apparel and/or footwear and will provide superior-level customer service to Scheels customers and associates alike.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact.
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Brand & product data entry to collect vendor assets from images, to copy, to product specs, and all forms of digital media
- Passionate about apparel and/or shoes and the desire to build a world-class online shopping experience by working in conjunction with the E-Commerce Sales Leader
- Execute project work plans to complete the task on time, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Driven & self-empowered with strong time management skills and proven track record of strong specialty shop supervision (Sales growth, margin growth, inventory management)
- Highly organized with ability to follow-up on the smallest details and strong initiative for continuous improvement
- A strong, proven ability to communicate well and work with a variety of personalities and experience levels
- Ideal candidate will have an associate's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred; and / or 2+ years of retail or ecommerce experience
- Preference for candidates with prior shop management and/or sales experience (2+ years)
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Roles are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work between 8a.m. - 5p.m. Monday through Friday, with some weekends/weeknights as needed averaging 40 hours per week
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.