Operations Specialist - Clearance Required
Logistics Management InstituteFull time Full day
LMI seeks an Operations Specialist in Grand Forks, ND to support of a federal program management office.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. Founded in 1961 as a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our Specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Coordinate UAS operating site services to include site preparation, site support services during UAS operations, as required; site support services shall encompass the launch and recovery sites, the Ground Control Station (GCS), Remote Video Terminal (RVT) and potential emergency and alternate airfield sites
- Provide flight authorization and scheduling support, including preparing and updating, submission and oversight of UAS National flight schedules by CBP prior to execution of the mission
- Coordinate with civil and/or military weather agencies for forecasting services accessible from the UAS NASOC site
- Prepare publish and update as required Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) applicable to UAS operations through the applicable Flight Service Station (FSS); the NOTAMs shall contain detailed information essential to safe UAS operations in the national airspace system
- Establish, maintain, and update as needed the Flight Publications Library, including the following products: applicable DOD Flight Information Publications (FLIPs), FAA Air Traffic Publications, approved Letters of Procedures, Certificates of Authorization issued by the FAA, as well as CBP UAS operations and maintenance manual
- Coordinate UAS flight/mission planning and briefing with all applicable agencies prior to the commencement of operations
- Coordinate with applicable agencies to facilitate UAS access to and utilization of necessary airspace to support operational requirements
- Support post-mission reporting and analysis. This shall include the following areas: UAS mission results, lessons learned, equipment effectiveness and status, maintenance, supply and logistics reports, and accident and hazard potential reports
- Coordinate mishap response and safety efforts with the appropriate mishap response agencies and approve mishap response plans, procedures and checklists for use in a UAS related mishap
- Provide scheduling, monitoring, post-sortie data collection, report generation, and records management support for the execution of manned proficiency flight training in support of currency requirements applicable to UAS air crew members
- Performs and conducts training
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience is considered as experience in air operations, air traffic control, or airfield operations management; DOD or DHS experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of DOD/DHS aircraft systems and mission equipment
- An FAA Class 2 Medical Certification is required for this position
- An active Secret Clearance is required for this position
Ability to pass a government background investigation, including financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, prohibited substance use, and employment verifications; active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.