Home Office Underwriting Manager
Guide One InsuranceFull time Full day
For more than 60 years, we have protected organizations that strive to make the world a better place. We support this cause by safeguarding our members' property and assets. Through diligent research and analysis, our Commercial Lines department develops products and services that truly benefit our members. Consistent with our core value of being nimble, the department produces insurance coverage plans that meet the ever-changing needs of churches, educational institutions, small business and nonprofit organizations. We make positive change possible for these organizations by protecting them while they pursue their mission to do good.
The Home Office Underwriting Manager strategically provides multi line oversight, management and guidance to ensure the company's underwriting policies, guidelines, and procedures deliver profitability and ease of doing business. Responsible for authority delegation, documentation, and monitoring. HO Underwriting Manager will enhance the organizations overall underwriting excellence and acting as an underwriting expert for Core, Specialties, and Programs is expected. Will leads team member(s) to become the coverage, policy, and UW expert(s) needed to support our commercial business.
As the Home Office Underwriting Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contributes to the development and oversees implementation of the company's Underwriting guidelines, philosophies, risk appetites, priorities, procedures, and best practices. Segments serviced include Core, Programs, and Specialty
- Contributes to the development and implements strategies regarding the design, pricing, underwriting to ensure profitable growth across the business.
- Provides expertise for the Underwriting Department, with an ability to work effectively with field Underwriters in a collaborative manner.
- Appropriately challenges, motivates and mentors underwriting team to assure excellence in underwriting quality, profitability and productivity.
- Serves as technical underwriting expert in Property & Casualty lines
- Recommends strategy for underwriting policy, including all changes to underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinates communication of changes to underwriting guidelines and procedures to internal staff and external customers.
- Provides input on third party vendors including ongoing review of current and potential relationships
- Develops and maintain Letters of Authority
- Serves as a liaison between GuideOne and the State Insurance Departments and other regulatory entities for all underwriting compliance related matters.
- Responds to regulatory inquiries and/or administrative actions related to company underwriting policies and procedures and compliance with state-specific regulations.
- Oversees Underwriting portion of Department of Insurance Market Conduct Examinations; coordinates reviews of previous Market Conduct Examinations findings to assess current regulatory/market conduct exposures.
- Partners with internal departments to establish action plans for corrective action of examination criticisms and/or audit findings; implements action plans and monitoring activities.
- Partners with HO Underwriting Quality Assurance/Audit to develop compliance audit criteria and metrics, including state compliance audits, targeted audits, and the review of previous market conduct findings; assesses current compliance with regulatory/market conduct exposures across the various lines of business and jurisdictions; and ensures deficiencies are communicated and corrections are addressed.
- Partners with HO Underwriting Quality Assurance to develop portfolio audit criteria and metrics.
- Reports regularly to leadership on both internal and external regulatory risks.
- Manages underwriting vendor relationships as required.
- Owns the maintenance of the GuideOne Underwriting Guidelines Library to ensure a complete and accurate repository of all Underwriting Guidelines for the organization.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Risk Management, Insurance, Public Administration, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or similar accreditation preferred.
- Ten (10) years of underwriting experience in an insurance company, preferably in a Regional or Home Office underwriting management capacity.
- In depth knowledge of commercial multi lines including: property, general liability, auto, workers compensation, excess/umbrella, inland marine and specialty coverages.
- Previous experience in a management role required.
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance environment including relevant policies, laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and enhance insurance guidelines for multi lines
- Demonstrates leadership experience and presentation skills.
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written.
- Ability to negotiate and sell ideas, concepts and innovations to internal leadership.
- Strong problem solving, technical, diagnostic, and analytical skills with the ability to analyze technical, business and financial issues and options.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Small Businesses
- Educational Institutes
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Programs Business
- Specialty Lines of Business
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes a match up to 7% at 100%.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Wellness incentives.
- Free Basic Life and AD&D.
- Free short-term and long-term disability.
- Educational assistance program.
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.