Mental Health Technician
Universal Health ServicesFull time Full day
Prairie St. John's is seeking a dynamic and talented Mental Health Technician!
Our next orienation will be near the end of February.
This position is available as a part-time or full-time position with opportunities to pick up hours additional to the employee's regular schedule. Prairie St. John's currently has openings on our PM (3 pm - 11:30 pm), and NOC (11 pm - 7:30am) shifts.
Every other weekend required.
Prairie St. John's was founded in 1997. We offer behavioral health and substance use services for individuals of all ages through a number of different programs. Prairie St. John's offers employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, growth and development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous paid time off!
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off
Essential Job Duties:
- The psychiatric technician observes, monitors and detects changes in patient(s) behaviors as ordered by the physician and dictated by policy and procedure. The psychiatric technician must relay information to the registered nurse and treatment team for on-going patient care. This may include thoroughly documenting observations in the patient's medical record.
- Assists with or provides educational and activity groups in an effective and therapeutic manner. This includes preparing for the group, delivering the group, responding to changes in the group, and documenting observations as appropriate.
- Completes admission and discharge processes thoroughly and in a timely manner. This includes ensuring patient outcomes are attained and belongings accounted for.
- Responds as assigned to overhead emergency requests such as patient assistance needed, fire emergency, etc.
- Constantly monitors immediate surroundings for potential safety hazards, corrects safety issues if possible and reports issues needing further assistance immediately.
- Is responsible to keeping the assigned areas organized, clean, and fully stocked.
- All employees of Prairie St. John's are expected to adhere to safety policies, safe work practices, and other hospital policies. Employees are expected to complete mandatory training on time and attend mandatory meetings.
- In order to meet the essential functions of this position, employees must work as scheduled.
- All staff at Prairie St. John's may be required to work in different areas/units and varying shifts depending on the business needs to the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as requested.
- Previous direct care experience with children and/or adults or is pursuing an educational degree in Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, Pre-med, Social Work, Counseling or other Behavioral Science related majors
- Must be C.N.A certified or register as a North Dakota Nurse Aid within 4 months of employment
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.)
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.comxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst or 1-800-852-3449.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.