Surface Maintenance Repairer
Department of DefenseFull time Full day
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE REPAIRER, Position Description Number D1193000 and is part of the ND FMS 3, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer you will perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, diagnosis, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
Major Duties (This is NOT an all-inclusive list):Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles. Repair and/or overhaul of major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and non-automatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
5801 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid ND state Driver's License.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.
Military Grade: Warrant Officer (CW4 and below); Enlisted
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position. Quality of Experience - Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: the experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE WG 8: 12 months experience or training using common hand and power tools and a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs; experience removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts, components, and accessories; experience which demonstrates a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments; experience demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships; experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
You must also possess the experience, training or education to support your claim for the competency statements listed within the assessment questionnaire. Refer to "How you will be Evaluated" section of this announcement.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.