Macy’s Backstage Sales - Team Member, Part Time: Fox River Mall
Macy's, Inc.Full time Full day
Looking for a fulfilling and fun job that's integral to the success of one of America's most historic brands? Then join Macy's Retail Sales or Support teams! Join us and immediately become a part of what makes Macy's special. Macy's values you as an individual. We are committed to your personal growth and development as we work together to support an exceptional experience for our customers.
A Team Member is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, operating cash registers and mobile POS stations, executing proper product placement and flow, floor moves, replenishment, inventory, shortage control, stockroom organization, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events or sales. A Team Member is also responsible unloading and unpacking new merchandise when delivered, processing merchandise, floor recovery and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
Assist in the merchandising impactful trend statements, new product, season changes and floor moves and clearance.
Utilize the RF Handheld equipment to scan product based on price changes and markdowns.
Re-merchandise product based on new arrivals, trend, seasonal change and markdowns.
Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately.
Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; follow shortage programs and procedures.
Maintain store cleanliness standards, including cash wrap, fixtures, and stockroom, and back office as needed • Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Provide an exceptional customer experience by adhering to Backstage MAGIC standards.
Handle all register transactions efficiently, courteously and professionally.
- Maintain department recovery standards, including dressing room go backs .
Support the management team in driving a customer centric, fun and engaging culture.
- Explain to customers and Macy's full-line associates what makes Backstage unique and the benefits of having an on-mall offprice partner within the Macy's store.
- No specific educational degree is required.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. – including Macy's and Bloomingdale's – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Help make life
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.