Head of GTM Customer Strategy & Operations
Palo Alto NetworksFull time Full day
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we’re the fastest-growing security company in history.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our stealth team is designing, building, and shipping new products that delivers on customer needs and wants - innovating to anticipate customer requirements. Our designs are thoughtful, customer appropriate, and functional.
As Head of GTM, Customer Strategy & Operations, you are a critical member of the group’s leadership team, reporting directly to the SVP of Go-to-Market & Customer Success for this business. You will work with the SVP and the leadership team on launching and scaling the product.This will include developing the GTM & Customer Success strategy - determining routes to market for a product, defining customer strategy, channel strategy, sales engineering, sales operations, compensation and support strategy. You will additionally be responsible for translating this strategy into an operational plan for the launch of new products and to socialize and iterate on these business plans with the leadership team. Your efforts will directly impact the overall strategy and success of this cybersecurity initiative.
As part of your role, you will also lead regular operational reviews of the business to drive decision-making and review progress against key goals / priorities. You will manage and oversee the forecasting and planning process, lead monthly and quarterly business reviews, support deals (when needed), and manage sales and customer enablement.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional. You will closely collaborate with product, engineering, operations, finance, support and services teams to execute innovative strategies. You will also work closely with the other PANW GTM leaders to drive coordination across the different lines of business.
The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so it is critical that you are entrepreneurial and hands-on in your approach. You should possess a unique blend of business insight, business strategy experience and be able to effectively balance both strategic and operational sides of the business. Your ability to collaborate and influence a large number of constituents within Palo Alto Networks will be critical to your success in this role.
This position is full-time and located at our Santa Clara HQ
- Develop the GTM & Customer Success strategy (i.e. route to market, customer strategy, sales engineering, channel, support strategy) and business, operational plan for products
- Build and oversee your team and in structuring and breaking down complex business problems, drive analysis and deliver recommendations in a data-driven manner
- Design & build resource plan for the GTM & Customer Success team in partnership with Head of GTM & Customer Success and other team members.
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
- Support the SVP/Head of GTM & Customer Success on a day to day basis by tracking priorities and teeing up information needed to make critical decisions for the company
- Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting (e.g., monthly/quarterly business reviews)
- Support high priority deals and oversee customer/sales enablement plans
- Advise cross-functional teams and executives on broad and specific issues related to GTM strategy by
providing expertise and leveraging your personal intellectual capital
- Develop and present high-quality recommendations and deliverables for executive level consumption and
actively contribute to associated strategy and execution discussion
- Support leadership team in developing key presentations for internal and external audiences, including Board and Analyst meetings
6+ years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG), private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- MBA graduate from a top-tier business school or similar academic credentials
- Must have prior experience developing GTM strategy with an understanding of routes to market, channel
strategy, support, and compensation design
- Must be a self starter and have worked in a fast-paced and high growth entrepreneurial environment with
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical
discussions with senior audiences
- Experience in building trusting relationships and leading through influence and in an advisory capacity
- Collaborative team player who has experience balancing both strategic and operational sides of the
- Experience managing sales operations activities a plus
- Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our Commitment We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website. Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.