Sr Project Manager
Foundation MedicineFull time Full day
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) is aggressively expanding our Molecular Information business globally, primarily driven through our collaboration with Roche, and we seek a project manager to plan and execute new biopharma clinical product development and expansion efforts FMI's clinical business outside the United States.
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of new biopharma clinical product development and lab expansion projects. Responsibilities include development and execution of project plans to deliver the defined solution business case, identification and resolution of project resource requirements and issues, and developing and managing the project deliverables. These responsibilities span from product concept to global commercialization.
- Project Management:
- Leads project through the entire product development/project management lifecycle.
- Develops and implements project plan, including scope, schedule, risk, resource and communications plans.
- Builds team ownership and commitment to project plans.
- Provides structured thinking to project team on overall approach and delegates as appropriate.
- Focuses on Voice of Customer, Voice of Business, personal accountability, and an unyielding commitment to results.
Guides the team in appropriate decision-making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Communications and Reviews:
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications (written and oral).
- Acts as liaison between the team and FMI governance (Portfolio Governance Committee, Executive Team), as required.
- Coordinates and guides project phase reviews; defines and tracks key project metrics.
Elevates critical business decisions to the appropriate committees, management teams and/or functional managers.
- Relationship/People Management:
- Understands the Company Project Portfolio and how International fits into Company- wide objectives through effective relationship building across cross-functional groups.
- Provides input to functional leaders on team and team member performance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with functional leaders to drive success of projects and teams.
- Influences cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrates strong self-awareness of intent and impact of own leadership behaviors.
Asks for feedback on a regular basis, and makes the right behavior adaptations as needed.
- Process Management:
- Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Knowledge of quality system use for the creation and continued compliance of products.
- Actively reviews policy and practice improvements to drive functional excellence.
- Influences cross-functional systems effectiveness.
Continuous improvement of the product development process to optimize time to market.
- Team Management Requirements:
- Will enable a team of cross-functional representatives in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Influence in a complex, matrixed environment, without direct reports.
- Foster a team environment that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of project objectives.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures in support of project launch activities (e.g., federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Prior experience with managing lab expansion projects.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable in front of all levels of the organization, as well as external customers.
- Proficient project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proven experience with Waterfall methodology.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Experience using project management tools.
- Capable of working independently under ambiguous and/or changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with deadline and resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization.
- Position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Up to 35% travel is required.
Required Education, Knowledge and Expertise:
- 3-5 years of experience in a project management role.
- Demonstrated expertise leading international and/or distributed mid-to-large scale product development projects utilizing project management and product design & development frameworks.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA) and/or advanced project management certification (PMP) is desirable.
- Knowledge of and work experience with FDA regulated products.
- Previous experience managing lab development/expansion programs.
- Experience working with intercultural teams.
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO, CLIA and CAP regulations.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.