Independent Contracting Online English teacher for kids in China
Education FirstFull time Full day
Teach English online to kids in China ages 5-14 with EF Teach Online — Kids.
Our simple yet sophisticated online classroom makes remote teaching simple. Bring your teaching style and voice to our high-quality lesson materials, build impactful relationships and increase your income.
Students want to book lessons with the same teacher throughout their program, for up to six months and you'll be able to see the difference you make from day one.
This is a home-based independent contractor position. You will be teaching in English using prepared lesson materials via the EF Teach Online platform.
You can set your own schedule so that teaching fits in with the rest of your life.
Lessons are available during the China time zone:
Peak hours are 5:00am to 7:30am NYT (EST) and Friday & Saturday evening between 8:00pm to 9:30pm NYT (EST)
Weekday classes start at 3:00am NYT (EST) and weekend nights starting Friday night at 8:00pm Eastern time (EST) to Saturday morning 8:00am NYT (EST) and Saturday night 8:00pm NYT (EST) to Sunday morning 8:00am NYT (EST).
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality one-to-one online lessons to kids aged 5-14 years.
- Give feedback after class to parents. All feedback is given in English.
- Communicate your lesson availability in advance.
Earn up to $20 per hour through a combination of the base fee and achievable supplemental fees. There are opportunities to earn even more for teaching more classes.
- Fully Fluent English speaker (C2 level)
- Completed bachelor's degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher). The application process can start while TEFL course is in progress.
- Teachers must reside and have the right to work in the United States
- Willing to submit an online background check, at no cost to you
- Access to a headset, a personal computer and stable internet connection
- Excellent cultural awareness
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of student satisfaction
- Ability to connect with young learners.
Online teachers come from a variety of backgrounds; stay at home parents, current or former teachers, retirees and people looking for a lifestyle change.
As our students are young experience in early childhood development, teaching or coaching is preferred, but not necessary. Life experience definitely counts.
Who is EF Teach Online?
Since 1965, EF has helped millions of people and become the world leader in international education by focusing on one global mission: Opening the World through Education.
Our EF Teach Online – Kids United States headquarters is in Miami, Florida.