Global Tech - NGC Puppet engineer
PwCFull time Full day
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader, including:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining cloud networks infrastructure in multi-region and multi-cloud environments;
- Designing, implementing and maintaining cloud storage solutions in multi-region and multi-cloud environments;
- Managing network services including but not limited to: VPN, firewall, WAF, IPS, CDN, proxy, load balancing, and DNS;
- Writing new Puppet code to manage Windows and Linux configurations;
- Understanding and knowledge of Puppet Enterprise architecture for 10,000 plus nodes;
- Managing node groups in Puppet Enterprise, Puppet declarative language, and shell scripting;
- Working with both Linux and Windows for patch automation;
- Configuring WSUS, apt, and yum patch repositories;
- Scripting experience (Powershell and Bash);
- Troubleshooting Puppet performance and connectivity;
- Troubleshooting network and connectivity issues; and
- Participating in design and deployment of highly available, scalable, secure and cost effective cloud solutions to improve efficiency and customer experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.