Front Desk Receptionist
Familia DentalFull time Full day
Familia Dental was established in 2008 and has grown rapidly because of our quality dentistry and our caring, compassionate approach to all people. Our practice exemplifies the core values of quality, honesty, and care in everything that we do.
We are looking for skilled, motivated dental professionals to join our team.
Familia Dental offers:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits Including: Health, Dental, Vision, 2 WKS PTO, 3 Sick Days and 6 paid Holidays
- A teamwork-oriented environment
- An open communication policy
To effectively and efficiently check in patients, verify insurance eligibility, confirm and/or reschedule appointments as needed, and collect payments for services provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Dental Assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and escort patient in a professional and friendly manner from reception area.
- Gather information from the patient and scan all information into an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Confirm insurance eligibility and coverage for each patient on each visit.
- Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Answer patient questions regarding co-pays and/or deductibles and collect payments as appropriate.
- Schedule/re-schedule appointments for patients.
- Call patients to confirm upcoming appointments or to re-schedule missed appointments
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency and insure proper and timely response and notice to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options in non-clinical terms.
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace.
- Protect confidentiality of patient information.
- Notify Office Manager of equipment trouble or general safety concerns.
- Attend and participate in morning huddles, chart reviews and regular office meetings.
- Understand and follow HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Understand and follow state and Federal OSHA laws, infection control, safety standards in the dental office.
- Learn and follow Familia Dentals administrative and operational procedures.
- Review and follow Employee Handbook to ensure consistent standards.
- Communicate with the Office Manager to establish office goals and insurance concerns.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
- Clean, dispose trash, and submit trouble ticket submission to correct any maintenance issues.
- Additional delegable duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer/patient service and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand information and effectively present information one-on-one with patients.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out details written or verbally instructed.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
- Detail oriented. Dental Receptionist must be aware of and follow insurance plan rules and protocols.
- Interpersonal skills. Sometimes patients are in pain and/or mental stress. The Dental Receptionist should be patient and sensitive to patient emotions.
- Listening skills. Dental Receptionist must be able to listen to patients and other healthcare workers and follow directions from a Dentist or supervisor.
- Organizational skills. Dental Receptionist should have excellent organizational skills; ensure all record keeping requirements are fully and accurately completed.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Previous dental office experience preferred but not required.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
Nothing in this job description restricts Familia Dentals right to assign or reassign job duties and responsibilities for this position at any time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.