Sales Analytics Manager
SquareFull time Full day
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square
Square's Sales organization drives aggressive revenue growth for the company by deeply understanding our Sellers' stories and helping them onboard outstanding solutions to grow their businesses. The team balances an infectiously positive attitude with a desire to win and see our company grow alongside our customers.
As the founding member of the Sales Analytics team, you will use your analytical skill set to empower data-driven decision-making across our Sales organization. You will be a hybrid of traditional jobs in data analytics, strategy & planning, and financial analysis. You will join our motivated Sales Strategy organization and support our global Sales teams in tracking and optimizing our Sales growth across each of our markets.
- Manage Sales team metrics, dashboards, and analytical models we use to run the business
- Partner with Sales leadership to make data-driven decisions across the organization
- Develop insights and performance indicators to evaluate Sales effectiveness and inform optimization and future go-to-market strategies
- Work with our data science and data engineering teams to develop outstanding measurement capabilities
- Provide comprehensive analytics support to colleagues, develop resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be used where it is most impactful
- Identify harmonies in data stories by partnering with Finance, Product, and Marketing Analytics teams
- Lead analytics team members while playing an active hands-on role in work you are doing on the team (coach/player)
- Foster a data-driven culture and influence partners throughout Square using data insights to guide decision making
- Bachelor's degree required (major in analytical or technical field)
- 5+ years of analytical experience (ideally in data science/analytics, business operations, or sales ops)
- Fluency with data, analytics and visualization technologies (We use SQL, Looker, and Python)
- Experience applying data driven insights for the Sales team
- Collaboration across departments including finance, product, marketing, analytics.
- A unique approach to solving problems and attitude - willingness to build new deliverables/metrics from scratch
- Willingness to take on big challenges and lead the results from brainstorm to execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, with multiple partners across time zones
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.