BiogenFull time Full day
The Lab Manager supports the day-to-day laboratory operations of the RU. To ensure scientific focus and productivity of the team, the lab manager will serve as a point-of-contact person to support all lab operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, space organization, and safety compliance. This role will also have a capacity to support core function task(s) as needed.
1. Manage all lab equipment, work closely with facility’s Unity Lab Service team:
- Maintain equipment inventory, coordinate and follow up PM and repair services
- Support equipment acquisitions (include collecting quotes for CapEx items), coordinate installations and user trainings
- Serve as a main contact person to set up and oversee Lab-Watch alarm system for all essential instrument
- Establish and manage user’s calendar for commonly used instrument
- Establish and manage training and care for advanced equipment
2. Responsible for oversight of POU (point of use) stocking stations for lab supplies and commonly used reagents:
- Oversee POU service performance
- Actively update stocking list according to usage and need change
- Tracking POU expense and item delivery
- Purchase lab and office supplies that is in complement to POU
3. Oversee lab space organization and maintenance:
- Manage lab cleaning schedule (includes lab space, commonly used lab instrument, freezers and Deli refrigerators)
- Manage all common lab stocks and maintain inventory (e.g., cell lines bank, bacterial & plasmid stocks for commonly used material such as packaging plasmids)
- Organize lab space and coordinate potential lab expansion or relocation
4. Support general lab operations:
- Serve as a point-of-contact person for team to interact with IT department for software subscription, technical updates, etc.
- Support new hire onboard process and coordinate data transfer and storage during offboarding
- Coordinate shipping and delivery request for team members as needed
5. Oversee lab safety compliance:
- Serve as EHS safety officer, conduct quarterly laboratory safety inspection and ensure safety compliance
- Serve as emergency evacuation coordinator
- Provide leadership with a plan in emergency situations, overseeing logistics related to essential staff and ongoing work
• Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences.
• 3+ years of experience in an industry setting with a focus on laboratory process improvement, operational administration, and/or interdepartmental collaboration
• Extensive experience in a wide breadth of BSL2 level in-vitro/in-vivo practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing operational improvements in general, as well as related software development
• Ability to lead/influence others without authority
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create content with a deep understanding of industry-specific subject matter, and company standards
• Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills with proven cross-functional and multi-level relationship building skills
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Express interest in wanting to grow in an operational/management role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.