GEC Packaging Technologies, LLCFull time Full day
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
1. We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
2. We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
3. Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
4. We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
5. Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Production/Shift Lead based in Altavista, VA. This opening is for NIGHT which operates during the hours of 7pm to 7am.
The Production/Shift Leads are for production lines during one whole shift of operation. Responsible for knowing and enforcing policies, procedures, practices and programs. The primary duties of a Production/Shift Lead include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assign shift personnel to production equipment, following shift work schedule and break schedules to ensure work is completed on time.
- Train employees on a shift.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Oversee safety, security, good housekeeping and enforce company policies to eliminate accidents and control accident costs.
- Resolve production and quality problems that occur on a shift. Make frequent checks of product quality and GMP standards and give functional guidance to shift operations and quality personnel.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Attend all production, safety, and shift meetings.
- Assist Production Manager in reviewing shift operations and make recommendations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment and procedures.
- Follow work orders and ensures proper product codes are used and built.
- Accurately report production data.
- Troubleshoot and make necessary adjustments to machinery and equipment.
- Inspect materials prior to use.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A minimum of 2 years' experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Production Leads are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.