Fleet Truck Sales Rep - Alliance Carrier Network
Werner EnterprisesFull time Full day
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Responsible to develop a comprehensive sales strategy to sell Class 8 vehicles to our alliance carrier network. The individual would be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, lead through close.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-
• Marketing Werner Enterprises’ used tractors and trailers by identifying and developing a strategic approach to expand our relationship with our Logistics alliance carrier network.
• Maintaining the monthly sales objectives set by management.
• Communicating with the Director and/or Sales Manager of Fleet Truck Sales in a method appropriate for the purpose of discussing the daily business and any other situations.
• Insuring that all equipment is prepared for sale and meets the established condition parameters.
• Recognizing and maintaining a professional appearing sales facility, including but not limited to, Fleet Truck Sales office and display area for equipment prepared for sale.
• Relating to the responsible individuals with Werner Maintenance in a positive and proactive manner, assisting in the reconditioning process, coordinating such process as need be when prioritization is required.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with area vendors involved in the reconditioning.
• Monitoring the reconditioning process. This includes the tracking on a daily basis the time required with every vendor. Also included is monitoring the quality of the work.
• Assisting in the transportation of the equipment from the terminal location to varied vendor locations as might be required.
• Maintaining the necessary paper work and dealer license requirements for the location the person is working.
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet sales quota guidelines.
- Knowledge of Class 8 vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- One year sales experience with Class 8 vehicles required. Must have strong presentation and communication skills.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law.We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.