MSW for Home Health
Phoenix Home CarePart time Full day
At Phoenix Home Care & Hospice, we provide home care services to our clients of all ages in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado and Illinois. We are seeking Patient, Honest and Compassionate individuals to join our team!
We are currently seeking a Social Worker for Home Health patients in the Jefferson City area
Do you enjoy being available to patients at the end of life or those on the path of rehabilitation? Come join our Home Health & Hospice teams as a Medical Social Worker and meet the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of our clients and their families. The ideal candidate will provide the needed care with dignity, compassion & a warm heart.
- Conduct a psycho-social assessment as part of the comprehensive assessment within 5 days of admission to the hospice program. This includes emotional, social, financial and environmental resources and to identify appropriate psycho-social problems, interventions, and goals for the patient’s plan of care.
- Participate in IDG meetings and the development of the patient’s plan of care.
- Observe, record and report the changes on the patient’s emotional and social factors that are being affected by the patient’s illness and his/her need for care and his/her response to treatment.
- Maintain and submit written clinical records as deemed by the Agency, including the initial evaluation, the care plan and daily notes.
- Evaluate the patients and family’s response to, and effectiveness of, the medical social work intervention.
- Confirm, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the patients’ Case Managers to facilitate coordination of other staff visits.
- Participate in IDG and QAPI meetings and activities.
- If the patient/family declines Social Work services, the Social Worker continues to offer support to the IDG in its care of the patient and to monitor the patient/caregiver’s evolving needs.
- Participate in discharge planning, as needed.
- Assume responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her Medical Social Worker practice through formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizational meetings, and/or individual research and reading.
- Asses the patient’s/family members’ ability to copy with the patient’s dying.
- Act as consultant to the members of the health team, assists them in understanding the social, emotional and environmental factors related to the patient’s health problems.
- Help patients to utilize the resources of their families and the community.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume online. Our Hiring Manager will review your submitted information and interviews will be booked accordingly.
- Master’s Degree from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education OR Baccalaureate degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Home Health and/or Hospice Experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Phoenix Home Care and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Home Care is a drug-free workplace and administers pre-employment post-offer drug testing.