Appraisal Residential Lister
Tyler Technologies HeadquartersFull time Full day
As a Residential Data Collector, you would inspect and record the property characteristics of residential and agricultural properties for revaluation purposes. This entry-level position requires attention to detail and the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Mass appraisal data collection training is provided. The position can lead to positions of greater complexity and responsibility within the appraisal field.
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.
- Analyze and verify images and data of residential/agricultural properties to ensure that property records reflect current and accurate property characteristics.
- List or update information on property records as needed.
- Drive to property locations, getting in and out of vehicle. Physically walk around and examine all buildings to determine required property characteristics on various residential properties.
- Measure and inspect exterior of residential/agricultural buildings. Inspect interior of buildings, if required. Accurately record property characteristics, square footage, angles, sketches, and dimensions on appropriate field documents and/or mobile devices.
- Take clear digital images of properties including specified parcel improvements if required.
- Gather cost and sales information and records on appropriate field documents or devices, as required.
- Update data on the physical condition of buildings.
- Maintain personal production records in alignment with productivity targets. Complete logs and control forms and required documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively with the public to share the purpose of our visit to their property, inquiries about the interior of the property, addresses questions, etc. Professionally represent Tyler and the client to property owners and other members of the public handling field questions and complaints in a courteous manner and escalates to their supervisor as appropriate.
- May assist in the training of new Residential Data Collectors.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the real estate appraisal field
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience
- One-year residential data collection and property measurement experience preferred, but not required.
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail with the ability to capture and record accurate and comprehensive properties details
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with team members
- Spatial ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Ability to visualize floor plan footprints based on three-dimensional buildings.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions
- Must be able to travel to properties in assigned project area for most of the work day and provide reliable transportation and carry full insurance on the vehicle driven to perform job
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee lives
- Basic computer experience is preferred