Director, Industrial Engineering Lead / Operational & Systems Improvement
BiogenFull time Full day
This role is responsible for establishing and influencing a strong improvement culture to drive increased efficiency and productivity, reduce costs and improve quality and safety across PO&T. This role will leverage lean, continuous improvement, six sigma and operational excellence principles to analyze, design and implement quality assurance, quality control and business process globally. Specific areas include; but not limited to:
• Reducing non-value-added waste
• Improving cycle times, RFT, and corporate partner service levels
• Developing labor and machine standards required to increase financial reporting robustness and identify/prioritize areas of improvement
This role will identify, plan and execute improvements across PO&T within EH&S, External Manufacturing, Regulatory CMC, Security and Process & Analytical Development.
Responsible for partnering with Lean Operations Leaders and Business Process Owners to define improvements that have the greatest impact on the business and the customer. Develops strategic deployment planning, establishes transformational vision, sets specific goals and priorities that drive lean principles and concept across the business and link lean initiatives closely to site/functional KPIs pursuing operational excellence.
• Work with Leadership to develop a strong improvement culture and corresponding execution plans and priorities required to drive an operational transformation across PO&T.
• Develops strong relationships with internal and external teams to ensure program effectiveness and sustainability.
• Deploy critical lean and operational excellence tools across various functions within PO&T (Visual Management, Leader Standard Work, OEE, OLE/OOE, Kanban, VSM, 5 Why’s, pull systems, six-sigma, etc.).
• Designing and establish KPIs, sustainable metrics, dashboards and systems for tracking and reporting of value proposition resulting from continuous improvement programs.
• Serves in a Project Leadership role managing complex, strategic, cross-functional projects yielding 2-5% financial savings year over year.
• Efforts include roadmap development, identification of transformative and incremental improvement initiatives across the Value Chain and execution of these improvements including actual results measurement post implementation.
• Lead and direct various project teams through a matrixed structure.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering – preference of Industrial Engineering background. (Master’s of Business Administration or Master’s in Science or Engineering degree preferred).
• 10+ Years of Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or similar highly regulated industry including experience in operations with engagement in Operational and Business support functions.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
• OEE and OLE/OOE
• Ability to effectively influence leadership
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.